Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOD Corrosion vs. Boss OS-2 Overdrive/distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MadPink, Dec 16, 2001.

1. here's the load down..I asked for a few pedals for christmas mainly just different vers. of chorus and distortion pedals and now my friend is wanting to sell his DOD corrosion distortion pedal for 40$. So last night I took it home and tested it out...it sounded pretty good. From what I can see there's nothing wrong....but I still need to see if the ac jack still works. Now that said is the Boss OS-2 Overdrive/distortion pedal better then the DOD corrosion? I need some peoples thoughts on this. Im almost postive that I got the OS-2 for christmas....and this way if I did and the boss pedal is better then I wont buy it.....but if the corrosion is better then Ill exchange the pedal I get for christmas for a chorus or something else. please respond. thanks. any input what so ever would be nice.

2. id exchange the Os-2 for ANY other distortion even the ODB-3. With both of those pedals you are going to be killing your tone and losing a lot of your low end. In 4 months you will hate either one of them.

3. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    dod is the bigest rip off. dont get it. boss is better. but if you want my opinion, dont get either one.;)

4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    oh yea imnotgeddylee, your sig is funny as hell.:D

5. can you guys name a few distortion pedals then that are somewhat cheap...by this i mean at the most 200$...and that would be pushing it

6. All these can be had for around $200
    and everyone is a keeper:

Fulltone Bass Drive
    EBS Multi-Drive
    SansAmp Bass Driver DI
    Prescription Electronics Depth Charge

A little more then $200:
    Budda PhatBass

7. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    i dont realy like bass with dist. but if you must, budda is the shizznit.