1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DOD Deathmetal clips!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mudfuzz, May 1, 2009.

1. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Ok, for those of you that ever wanted to know what this thing sounds like here it is.

Throughout the clip I mess with the controls, when first kikked on everything in at 12 O'clock.

here is clip

Bass use: P bass with flats.

Ps.
    This is a real old old DOD one from around 95-96.

2. I actually liked how it sounded from like 0:47 to about 1:15. Everything else sounded exactly how I imagined it would

3. +1 quite cool when you tamed the highs, definatly sounds like a ODB-3 on steroids

4. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Yeah, thats really the only setting I ever used with it: Lo - 4 O'clock, Mids - 2 O'clock, Highs - off

I agree that it is similar to the ODB-3 and it makes you think "what if a ODB-3 had a mid control"[please don't get me started on the ODB-3] or more importantly what if the Deathmetal had a F-ing gain control.

As I've said before in other treads I never use the thing anymore, but for a "METAL" sound it does do the trick and they are dirt cheap!

5. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    That sounded awesome, dude. someone on music 123 typed down a review on a digitech death metal distortion pedal(which is the digitech remake of the dod death metal distortion pedal) on his bass and said he got a killer sound from his rig and turned a lot of heads when he uses that pedal. anyways, you got a killer sound from that pedal. rock on, dude!:bassist:

6. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Thanks!
    Yeah, it can do some cool tones and even though I don't use it much there is a reason I've had that pedal for like 13 years:bassist::bassist:

7. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I also like how you listed the genre as "acoustic folk" :smug:

8. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    :D

I always try to do that, it's always good to mislead people that can possable be mislead when it come to labeling :p

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The only difference between the digitech version and the dod version of the death metal distortion pedal is the the digitech version has more low-ends than the dod version. they have the same sound, it's just that the digitech version has more lows, which makes the pedal more useful for guitarists who detune their guitars. and suprisingly it works well on bass. not only do you get the same heavy sound from the digitech version of the pedal, but you get more low-ends with the pedal. of course digitech and dod are the same company, the only difference between the companies is that dod designs classic pedals, and digitech designs more modern pedals.

10. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    Vista, CA
    That almost goes into Valnott territory. :D

11. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I really liked 0:00 - 0:25.

12. I wasn't expecting it sound that good. I have been tempted...

13. i tried using the digitech death metal pedal with my rig... i completely disappeared in the mix when i switched it on... sounded cool when i was the only one playing though. gave it back to my gui**** and bought a BBM now i sound brutal AND can be heard.

14. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Ha! I googled that, funny! Wouldn't a Effector 13 Nofi "the pedal" for that sound? :D