Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOD Envelope Filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basegetar, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Does anyone have one of these. In musicians friend it says they work for guitar and bass. It sounds iffy to me seeing as it's not just for bass.

2. From what I've heard it don't work too well on bass. I'd get an Electro Harmonix Bassballs instead.

3. I have one. They are pretty crap. It is impossible to get a decent envelope filter sound. It completely kills all the low end and makes your bass sound like a guitar. It also kills a lot of your volume, which makes it very difficult to use if you are switching between filtered and non-filtered in a song. I don't like it much, and I got it cheap. I would suggest, if you can afford it, buy a MoogerFooger. They are awesome.

4. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    I have never had that problem with mine. I get great sounds, but the M#@$%%F^&&** always breaks. I am on my 3rd one, exchanged twice, repaired once. Still under warranty, but JEEZ!!

EBS Basssic

5. Alright I'm wagering they... suck? Well, good news, I bought an overdrive pedal on ebay. The Boss Bass Overdrive... people on here aren't a fan of them, but I checked it out on the website and it's the kinda sound I want, so whatever floats my boat as they say in the business, the business of pirating. For furture reference (I do plan on buying a envelope filter), what gets me the most bang for my buck. I want a good funky envelope filter that hides my badness ;) Eh, I'm fairly funky, I'm working on getting funkier. But I love funk and disco and all that 70's garabage. People think I'm weird because I play a lot of funk on bass and listen to a lot of funk. But they respect the muscianship at least (That's what my friends say about Primus). God I need to stop rambling. WHAT'S THE BEST ENVELOPE FILTER FOR THE BEST PRICE?!

6. The Moogerfooger lowpass filter is pretty good, it does cost a bit though. I got mine for about $280. Their website is www.bigbriar.com

7. got my mooger for 150 with an expression pedal ... boy do i love mentioning this...;)

8. I have a EH BassBalls and it's okay but I'd love to pick up an EBS BassIQ. I have the EBS Octabass and the Unichorus and they rock.

9. Yeah, probably about as much I love pretending that it was me that bought it, not you. :D