Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DoD Fx-25B or EBS BassIQ ??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lupin, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Lupin

Lupin

Feb 9, 2002
    France
    Hi,

What do you think about the Dod FX25B Envelope Filter ?? The sound quality is good ?

Or do you prefer the Ebs bassIQ ?
    I don't know what brand buy..

Thanks

2. A search of the TB archives will give you all the info you need....but in a nutshell;

DOD-excellent dub tone, weird sweep from screechy thin highs to speaker cone ripping bass; nothing in between.

EBS-versatile, flexible, a great filter but perhaps a little "clean and safe" sounding. Not as much mojo as a Mutron III or similar grease laden box.

I own all three of these and use each for different applications.

3. You can't be comparing these two filters? The overall quality and sound of the bass IQ is so much better then the DOD it's not even funny. The BassIQ is probably the best dummy filter you'll find.

4. You can check out the DOD FX25 tonight, Thursday, Feb 21st if you click on this link at 6 PM PST. http://artichoke.alma.uvic.ca:7070/ramgen/cfuvfm102.ra Our live dub trio, Pacific Frontal System will be performing on air and I will use the DOD extensively for it's dub tone. I will also use my Prunes +Custard, Korg G5 and Mutron III.
    Thanks!

5. Lupin

Lupin

Feb 9, 2002
    France
    I have missed the broadcast... Have you got a mp3 or a streaming ? :rolleyes:

6. Best I could do is to mail you an MP3 of a song or something...what's the biggest file size you can accept?

7. If any folks care to hear the DOD set for dub tone..I can mail anyone an MP3....I have some new studio stuff that while being rather "raw" might be of use for anyone wanting to hear this box that I used to think was useless..now I can't turn it off!
    Chris P
    subharmonium@shaw.ca