DOD FX-series pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thurisarz, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    How is the quality of the DOD FX-series pedal which include for ex. Bass overdrive, Milkbox compressor etc?

How is the quality of the pedal, sound, the box, battery length etc?

Do you own any pedal from that serie?
  2. The FX10 BiFet Preamp is great to "save" your just makes it....."better". :)
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I own two FX series pedals and their construction is nothing special. The switches seem like the worst part to me.
  4. mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    I own the DOD FX25B envelope. It's really not made for bass regardless of what their marketing says. It totally cuts out the lower frequencies.
  5. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    i've only tried the FX25B. i thought it had a good sound, but there was a bit of a volume drop when you turn it on, and i really only found one good setting (my opinion of course). if you crank up the blend you get almost house sounding low frequencies. However, that just not what I'm into.
  6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have the Vibrothang. It's a little noisy when I'm not playing (it goes whop whop whop...) but it's a great pedal to experiment with using vibrato and tremolo without spending too much ($40 shipped). The case is steel but the switch is plastic. So far so good.
  7. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I like the FX-25, but the case leaves a lot to wish for. They're kindof reliable, but I would carry a backup just incase.
  8. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I have owned about 4-5 dod fx series pedals, 3 of which were from the 80's, yeah the switch looks flimsy but I've not broken one, I'm currently using a fx25 and a fx35 on my board and they work great, not had a problem with them. They do suck a little tone when bypassed about the same as boss pedals, but I have mine in loops anyway so its not a problem.

All in all I think they are great pedals, especially for the money but try and get some of the old made in the usa 80's ones.
  9. i have an FX25B and it seems alright, but i am not a fan of the pedal part of it, its just plastic, which really doesn't look like it takes a good stomping, but who knows?
  10. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Does anybody have any experience on bass with the new one's called;

Flashback Fuzz
    Milkbox Compressor
    Bass Overdrive
    Stereo Phaser
    Stereo Flanger
    Ice Box chorus
  11. bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    i would like to know people's opinions of the icebox chorus when used on a bass, im on about the older model with the dodgy labeling (i.e. ice, freeze etc.)
  12. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I use a FX65 stereo chorus pedal and a dod 250. If you dial in the right settings the 2 pedals together can give you a similar tone to Justin Chancelor from TOOL, but I believe you can get the same tone using other pedals also. This is just what I use
  13. I've had expierence with the FX69(Grunge) It was the guitar version, I just ebayed myself a FH97 Bass Grunge for a sweet 16 bucks....shipping for it and a DOD Tuner was only 8.00....Super cheap..The guitar grunge dropped the low end...If the Bass Doesn't, I'll love it...Until I have the OD mentioned in "My DIY Distortion..." Which I've altered the schem to a more usable format....two footswitches(Boost&OD) stuff like that...Then I'll have them set for a different type of sound, and be that much more versatile....

Just my .02