1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD FX25 - Pedal Always Stays On

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by whoatherechunk, Oct 2, 2013.

1. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Hey guys,

I have a DOD FX25 that I purchased a while back. Unfortunately the ground (black) wire was loose and detached itself off the lug (input side). This wire is coming directly from the 9v battery area (-). I re-soldered it onto the middle lug and now the pedal stays permanently on. At least I know it works, but now the effect is always engaged. I also have excluded the idea that it may be the footswitch because when I manually press the switch it still stays on. I don't know schematics at all so I'm lost on that. Fortunately, I'm decent at soldering but only when I know exactly where to solder to. Can anyone with some insight to my situation give me some tips? Thanks!

http://pages.suddenlink.net/fantod/DODfx25.JPG

dodfx25_zps1df52a73.

Chris

2. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    That input jack also functions as a switch. you can't see the workings from the outside, but if you put thatm wire on a different lug for any reason you may have closed the circuit. be sure of where that wire is supposed to go.

I have one disassembled on my desk, I think...

3. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    This

Attached Files:

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Awesome. I will definitely get to it tomorrow and report with the results!

5. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Well?

6. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Ok so 5 months have passed by. I gave it a crack tonight and I'm still at a stand still. Avvie, I'm not sure exactly where that piece you diagrammed comes into play. Unfortunately, I'm kind of schematic illiterate so most of the stuff I have been able to fix is stuff that I know where exactly "black" e.g goes to "lug" etc.

Here's a photo: The red wire to the switch looks a little oxidized so I'm not sure if that can "close" a circuit per say.

Thanks again!

DSC03650_zpsdfff14c9.

7. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Also, sorry for the crappy photo. I may be better off simply drawing the whole thing.

8. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Bump for some help.

9. rmars

rmars

Jan 2, 2004
    Bettendorf, Ia
    My FX25 wouldn't shut off when it had a low battery. If I recall I found out that was normal from reading the owners manual after much frustration.

10. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    So I desoldered the switch wires to deactivate the switch and when I put the wires together it'll turn on, and when I repeat the process it'll go on,off,on,off, etc. Is it fair to say that the switch is the culprit?

11. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    that's the first thing that i'd suspect.