1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD FX25

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassmike62, May 9, 2010.

1. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Provider Supporting Member

:eyebrow:Mine just stopped working. Light comes on alright, but no sound comes out. Opened it up, everything looked OK, but I'm no expert. Only clue I have is the range knob seems a little loose. I'll bring it to a tech next week.

Anybody had this problem with this pedal ? It's an early 80's unit, so it might be a little tired...:eyebrow:

2. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I've had a couple of these and it's usually the switch that fails. I have no idea what's wrong with yours, but it might be the switch ::shrug::

3. Bassmike62

Not sure what switch you mean. The status light does come ON, but the thing is as mute as '20s silent movie.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The light turning on and off is not actually directly related to whether the rest of the effect works or passes signal. Odds are the bypass switch is dirty or broken (very common), or one/both of the pots are dirty or faulty (also pretty common). Either can be true while the light operates as normal. First step: clean pots and switch with contact cleaner. If that doesn't work, replace them with new parts.

5. Bassmike62

Thx Bongo, I'll give it a shot !