Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dod FX25B settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kolkoz, Mar 31, 2003.

1. kolkoz

kolkoz

Mar 26, 2003
    FRANCE
    hello,
    Excuse me for my english but i'm french....
    I would like to know your settings with the fx25B !!
    thanks

2. Thought I'd reanimate this one, as I just received a new(to me)FX-25B today. I am LOVING it! Bow-chicka-bow-bow(w/my business socks on :cool:).
    On topic, my settings right now are blend & sensitivity- about 2:30, range-1:00.
    Testing it out I ran the bass into a Bad Monkey, Ibanez EM5 delay, FX25B & then EHX Wiggler. Most everyone here knows this- as I did already- but I'm just now recalling how cool it is when the envelope opens, allowing the slight OD to come through. The delay is just to balance right outside of self-oscillation madness, & the Wiggler just makes it dizzy. I also go through a B2.1u(firts pedal- for tuning & volume pedal duties)and an RC-20XL(end of chain). WEEEEE!

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Yeah, I dig the FX25. At one point I had a similar setup to the one bongo has described (DOD in a blend loop with a limiter after) and really liked the sound. And of course rolling off the sensitivity gives a great Bill Laswell sound.

Oh, and just because you mentioned business socks and funkyness:

4. Aw, yeah. :cool:
    It's funny; I had the -B model, then grabbed an older 2-knob one as so many prefer it & I wanted to see what I thought, but found I like the 3-knobber better. Had to let the newer one go to a friend who needed it but I knew I'd come back to it. Missed it. Back to business...:D

5. funny, i got a FX25b the otherday, and i cant get one useable ound out of it :(