1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DOD FX75B fun (w/ soundclips!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cheapbasslovin, Apr 20, 2009.

1. I pulled open the bottom of my DOD flanger a few months back and noticed 3 trimpots on the underside of the board. Today I decided to tweak. One seemed to control depth, one the gain (maybe?? it was hard to be certain), but the third I'm pretty confident was the delay time setting. Here's what happened:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7536207

I don't think I am a flanger guy, but these noises were all kinds of neato. I think there may be similar trimmers on the FX72. Feel free to tell me what they actually control.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Pretty cool clip you got there...the background noise sounded like a bird singing.

3. If it's anything like the Boss BF-2 circuit, which is highly likely, one of those trim pots will control the maximum resonance. Tweaked too high it will cause self-oscillation.

Another will likely affect delay time. Too high a delay time will result in excessive degradation of the signal - which to some people is a positive.

The third one might be BBD bias, which you should have left alone as it is tuned in the factory for the best performance and nothing exciting happens when you tweak it.

Check out the wiki for my self-oscillating BF-2 samples.

4. nice!