1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dod fx80 trying to convert into fx82 - cap values needed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by elgranluis, Aug 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    Vail, CO
    Like the title says. I have a dod fx80 that i woulf like to mod into an fx82. Ive looked all over the net and the best i could find was that the difference between the pedals is the cap values in the signal chain. Could someone with the fx82 xhime in qith the cap values needed for te conversion? Thanks in advance!

2. There were two versions of the FX82...one with an attack knob and later with a release knob instead. The FX82 with the attack knob is the same as the FX80B. I can't find the schematics for the FX80 (non B) or the later FX82. I do have a source at DOD. I'll try him tomorrow.

3. Here are the three schematics. The original 80, the FX80B which is also the original FX82, and the newer FX82.

Attached Files:

4. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    Vail, CO
    Thanks for The schematics Steve. So basically The fx80b is The same pedal as The fx82 right?

5. Yes, according to schematics and other info I found. I have two of the ones with the release knob. As compressors go, they get the job done and do it well. I find them quite transparent.

I used compression a lot. When I played 4 string, I loved a Dynacomp, so much so that in 1980, when I built my "dream" bass, (a headless Explorer) I built one into it, using the level as my volume. When I switched to 5 string, the low B string over-squashed with the MXR. I bought two pedals...a Yamaha bass limiter, and the DOD. Although the Yamaha is a fine pedal, I preferred the DOD.

I built an all tube preamp in the early 90's and found no more need for the compressor. Today, I use a PF-500 and love the compression on it, so I'm back into compression.

6. CrustyD3mon

CrustyD3mon

Feb 11, 2020
    I Have an FX82 that doesn't work for some reason, anyone can help me with troubleshoot?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021