DOD Juice Box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cantstandsya, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Anybody use one of these? A local music store has one lying around,I was wondering if it works well for bass and what a good price for it would be.I tried a search but got nothing :bawl:
  2. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    holy thread revival, but, does anyone have any info on these? is it a straight up tubescreamer copy? bass response, good or bad?
  3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    I think more pedals would benefit from such controls like Poop and Fart. I mean I've never been much of a fan of DOD, when that type of stuff came out I was a teenager very much into the likes of Beavis and Butt-head, and even then I thought it was incredibly lame, but these days I'm starting to think that it's a trend in dire need of a resurgence. I mean, I'd much rather crank the Butt knob than sit through another horrific Transformers remake.
  4. limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Reed Mathis formerly of Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, now of Tea Leaf Green (if I remember correctly), uses one for certain occasions. If you listen to "Bus Ride" by Marco Bevento, he is using an Ace Tone FM-2 into a Juicebox into a Moog Low Pass. Simply awesome sounding. General consensus is that this pedal standalone is nothing to write home about, but in front or behind other pedals it has the ability to bring other pedals to a new level. Some have stated it's like a Dod 250 overdrive with an eq section. It's apparently the same exact circuit as the Digitech Bad Monkey, so snag whatever is less expensive.
  5. I have a juice box, and despite the "sweet" and "juice" dials being labeled incorrectly in the manual, it is great! Not overdrive, but fat tube(ish) distortion if that makes any sense?
    If it's cheap buy it! That's what I always do with pedals I'm vaguely interested in!
    All pedals sound better before or after other pedals! That's when the fun starts! :hyper:
  6. limit6

Dec 5, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Touché, sir.
  7. You are on a fast track to becoming one of my heroes. Just thought you should know.