1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD Meat box re issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BlacknWhite, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BlacknWhite

BlacknWhite Supporting Member

Has anybody had a chance to try one out or own one? I had the original back in the 90's and loved it. Just torn if I should pay more for the original or if I can buy a re issue one. Any input is appreciated!

2. bass08053

bass08053 Supporting Member

May 8, 2008
    New Jersey

This Juan Alderete video should help you out. I have the reissue and I dig it.

3. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I had a long think about DOD having watched all the vids, heard that with the re-issue it maybe was not the same as the old (although I have no first hand knowledge) and haven't they put an octave in it which is not the best but Ok?
    I went instead with a Mantic Beef bag and could not be happier, awesome pedal.
    I am sure it is just fine details that are not chalk and cheese

4. Fuzzonaut

Fuzzonaut

Aug 27, 2013
    Switzerland
    I have the new one and love it. (Never tried the original though, so I couldn't compare.)

There is a octave in there, but you can dial it out, if you don't like it. That's what I do, the sweetness of this pedal is the sub stuff - at least for me.
    I also use a TSR cable to send the wet signal to a cab that can handle and put out those frequencies.

5. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    New one sounds great and can do all the sounds the original will

And grabbing the trs cable or insert cable opens the pedal up and lets you intergrate it easily into a current set up

I've got mine going to a radial di so it can go to the foh

ukedealer likes this.
  6. I nabbed me a Mantic Density Hulk (seperate wet/dry outs so no messing with TRS cables! It also has an expression pedal input for mental sub drops but I digress) and couldn't be happier.
    I tried running it through my stack (4x10" and 1x18") and although it sounded dangerously good, I always take the 'wet' out to FOH now.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020