Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dod mod.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by warwickben, May 24, 2005.

1. so i got this idea . wat i want to do is take a couple pedals apart and make them in toa rack unit. i know how to do that. the thing iam not sure about is how can i mod it so i can use like a channle seclter pedal to turn the effect on and off.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ben, how many effects are you going to be putting in the rack? You may need to custom build your footswich to utilize a different type of cable.

3. i was thinking of useing a foot switch per effect. like a simple one button foot switch. iam gonna have the 1/4 jacks on the front so i can patch them any way i want.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Do you mean each effect within the rack will have a jack to a seperate on/off switch? I don't see how this would prove useful over individual effects on the floor.

If you're just planning on using the patching for an effects order, you'll still need individual switches for each one.

5. i want seperate on/off switches the reason i wanna do this is because ive had pedals stolen from me befor in the middle of a song. some kid grab my pedals and ran off. also in the midle of certin songs i mess with the knobs to make werid sounds and it would be easyer to have them in my rack then bending over and messign with the knobs.

i was thinking i could just make all the seperate on/off switches. in one box. number them then i was gonna tape all the cords togarther. i am only gonna have 4 pedals in the rack.

i know it sounds pointless. but is it possiable to wire the switch to a jack and use a single button foot switch to turn the effect on and off.