DOD pedals.. Discontinued??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mutilation, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    a convo with a bass friend ...
    *starts convo*
    Deadskinmask16: Envelope filterness
    Deadskinmask16: they give you a free battery
    RHCPFleaWannaB: yeah, they are discontinued
    Deadskinmask16: you ever spend time on talk bass?
    Deadskinmask16: um they are?
    RHCPFleaWannaB: yes they are
    Deadskinmask16: which ones
    Deadskinmask16: the fx25b?
    Deadskinmask16: hmmmmmmm well mine came in the other day.. and ive been fooling with it..
    RHCPFleaWannaB: yup
    Deadskinmask16: so there gonna stop making envelope filters?
    RHCPFleaWannaB: they discontinued all there pedals
    Deadskinmask16: DOOD!
    Deadskinmask16: your bull****tin me!?
    RHCPFleaWannaB: no
    whats goin on?? is this true?
  2. god i could only wish they would stop... maybe then people wont be tempted to buy their worthlesss crap boxes.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Can I get an Amen!

I bought an envolope filter of theirs when I first started playing... because someone said "You gotta have one if your a bass player" ...junk

then a year later I started jamming with a guitarist that had the piss yellow "overdrive"... sounded like cutting a pile of aluminum siding with a chainsaw on helium.

Every one of them I've come across hissed beyond usability
  4. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    I got the DOD envelope filter.. it sounds good on my amp but theres only like 2 or 3 settings ive fooled with.. out of 9 that sound good... I use it mostly cause i cant get a wah and i wanna make pulling teeth sound full so i step on/step off when that second part comes on when you start using it.... like when it comes to that power chord
    I dont like other DOD pedals though i think there ****.. my old guitarist had bugjuice and he stomps on pedels.. im like bitch.. lol... my friend swears by death metal distortion but it sounds kinda. iffy... i use a cheap rocktek metal worker for 12 dollars lol.. I gotta say that thing is awesome... great tone.. you can go from like really deep growls like dirty rumbles to like high harmonics...
    but Im getting a big muff Pi soon... so.. bah
  5. Mutilation

Mutilation Member

Jan 10, 2002
    ahhhh sorry if im flooding
    Justin(fleawannabe) just sed that he was at the shop when the guy from DOD called to tell them they were discontinueing there pedal line... so they are.. but he sed they are prolly remaking another pedal line.. hmmmmmmm who knows they might be better.. as for other doods post.. mine dont hiss at all.. mines quiet as hell... and i got it runnin threw 2 other pedels at the end of my pedal line... and its quiet..that doods bugjuice hissed to hell pretty much =(
  6. Die crappy pedals, die!
  7. i second that. dood.
  8. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Dont bother with DOD. Everything I have tried from them has been crap. Boss on the other hand...