Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SenorQueso, Sep 28, 2005.

1. SenorQueso

Jun 28, 2005
    Boca Raton, fl
    Any body here get a taste of Day of Defeat: Source and all of the HDR goodness!

If any of you have it, perhaps we could get a game going? :bassist:
  2. I have Half-Life 2 and CS but I don't have a computer good enough to run it.

I'm building a better one at the moment.
  3. I've got DoD:S. Hit up my AIM at indi86 or heplaysthebass to get me. I'm usually up for a game.
  4. Nah, I didn't get the silver version of HL2 and aren't about to drop $20 on it just yet. My roomate has it though, and he is completely addicted. It's interesting, but has some things that make me go: "wha??" It looks very nice, but I'm more of a Red Orchestra man myself in terms of gameplay-style. (read: slow and realistic)
  5. What is Red Orchestra a mod for? I assume it is, at least. In any case, I hear RO is pretty much dead at this point.
  6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've halflife and halflife 2, and I enjoy playing DoD (especially Avalanche ;) ), and I wanted to pre-order Dod-source, but it's a paypal paying system only :meh:
  7. It's good but I expected source to be better. It's fun but the gameplay was better in the last version.
  8. Seigi

Jul 3, 2005
    The HDR is amazing. Some of the soldiers look like recycled HL2 models, though.
  9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Does it compare to CS and CS:Source?
  10. It's good but the game is much more team oriented now. It's more diffcult to run around and dominate people and the accuracy is much harder to use on some weapons. I've been playing DOD for 4 -5 years so for me this is a huge change.
  11. UT2k4. I wouldn't call it dead, but the community is very small. There are still always a few active/full servers up at any given time. It's more of a niche game though, so there will always be less players than the more run and gun style games. The RO team did however win the $1,000,000 "Make somethign Unreal" Nvidia contest, and as a result won a commercial Unreal Engine 3 liscense... I'd love to see what they do with it. :)
  12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I've been playing DOD since b1.2 and I think source is the best version since then. I like how it takes skill to use the K98 now. I was sick of getting killed by toe shots. The punching is awesome too.
  13. I like the idea of the kar having to be a chest or headshot, but you no longer have a pistol to fall back on. You have to put a bit more reliance into corner shooting. It's starting to get a little too real. I miss running around the map and dominating so easily :)