Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dodge Commercial

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by tapslap6string, Feb 4, 2005.

1. im doing an open mike soon to do a few songs, i want a couple of fillers to make the crowd laugh, i would love to do the "hit it!" riff off the dodge commercial. anyone know it? that would be great, or if you can think of anything else funny along that vein that would be cool. thanks

2. Agent000

Agent000

Jan 23, 2005
    Don't know the Dodge one off hand, but one I've used is moving in stereo. Its the song from fast times at ridgemont high when she gets out of the pool.
    Two hand tapping, for six string. Start with just the low e, f#, then add the top part with the right hand. Should be obvious, but play the first bar, second bar, first bar, third bar.

Jeff

|-------------------------|-------------|-14---------|
    |-----16--14--------------|-------------|------------|
    |o-14----------17--161716-|14--14-16---o|-----------o|
    |o------------------------|------------o|-----------o|
    |-------------------------|-------------|------------|
    |-5--------5-------5------|-5---5--7----|--5---5--7--|

3. I think the dodge line you're talking about is just a slap and hammer of open E and G and also hammer A.

E---0h3---0h5---0h3---0

4. I thought it was just E and G, that's how I played it. I was sitting with my bass during a red sox/yankees game and that came on and i just played it without even thinking. Could be an A in there, who knows.