DodgeBall...the movie...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CrapBass, Jul 9, 2004.

1. CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    Did anyone else see this movie? I thought it was pretty funny, but about the most retarted movie ever.
    Opinions? :)
  2. Yup, pretty stupid, pretty funny, and thank God for Ben Stiller constantly giving his wife sympathy roles....

saw it at the drive in. With "day after tomorrow" talk about a Double Header of stupid.

At least I could get my phreak on during the apocolypse movie...
  3. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I loved that movie.

"$%^&ing Chuck Norusse"

4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i thought it was great. but then i like those types of movies.

ok maybe i did egsadurate(sp?) a little bit... :p
  6. I thought it was a halarious movie. Chuck Norris just made it all the better!
  7. I thought Vince Vaughn's character was real good, he played it well enough, but he's the type of new-jack thespian that essentially has roles written around his singular persona...

Swingers, a great movie, and Vaughn's best.

Did anyone hear that he pitched a take on Speed Racer for a live-action movie, and it got a green light? Yeah, he'll be playing Racer X. Johnny Depp was in negotiations for a while, and the idea in general for the movie had been bandied around for over a decade...thing is, the studio doesn't wanna throw too much money at it, but how can you not???

What, did Vaughn turn it ito a love story drama or something??? Sheesh. Hollywood. Gimmie a break. :spit:
  8. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    We went to see this...

Keep in mind, we're Ben Stiller fans & LOVE stupid humor. But, we were really disappointed.
  9. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Chuck Norris actually lives down the street from me. I thought it was pretty friggin' hilarious.
  10. CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    Patches O'

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?...No, but I do anyways because it's sterile, and I like the taste."

11. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    :eek: I loved it. As a side note: I think it would be totally weird to be directing a movie and have my real life wife making out with someother dude...or chick as is the case in this movie.
  12. That is one of the greatest quotes ever, hilarious. I don't think it was a good movie, but I do think it was funny, but they definately should have explored Steve the Pirate character more.
  13. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    I found myself laughing during the movie. I think Patches was the best character.
    I consider it a throw away movie. Entertained me while I watched, but havent thought about since. Well, until this thread came up.
  14. It was hilarious!!!! Yesterday, I had to drive like, an hour out to someplace because it was the closest place to go see Napolean Dynomite. That was also a HILARIOUS movie. I couldn't stop laughing.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    We have a guy who dresses like a pirate!?

I loved it. Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn's exchanges were gold, and I dug Patches a lot. The "Effin' Chuck Norris" line and the entire scene with Lance Armstrong had me in stiches.

I laughed, really, really hard when Patches threw that first wrench. Probably the hardest I've laughed since Bad Santa came out in theaters (in particular the scene where they're in the boxing ring, trying to teach the kid to defend himself. I about passed out laughing at that one.)
  16. Then he said "Hey! It's Steve the Pirate!"
  17. Steve was alot hotter as a pirate, IMHO. :smug:
  18. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Ahh, just finished watching it..

It is a very fun movie, I´m a bit of a sucker for this kind of humor and the movie did not disappoint me..

Cue carwash scene..

Redneck: ,,That´s it boy... get in there nice and deep..."
  19. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You probably haven't seen Anchorman yet. :D

Saw it tonight, and it was hilarious, but pointless at the same time.
  20. I saw Anchorman today and I have to say it was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I was laughing to the point of tears. As long as you're not expecting a high-brow cinematic experience, you'll love it.