Dodgy Ebay item alert!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by addylewis, Dec 29, 2005.

1. I'd be tempted if they would accept ANY methods of worldwide payment AND the seller HAD feedback, but... :rolleyes:

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Why is it a dodgy item? Yea the seller has no Feedback, but you have to start somewhere.

As for the payment, I'm in the U.S. and it says that "there are no payment methods available in my country, please don't bid on the item."

The only thing I'm confused about is that it says worldwide, but under payment, postage details etc.. it says "Available to China Only".

Oh and it says the color is sage green, that looks more blue to me.
  3. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Is it me or isn't that a little expensive for an MIM?
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Its not in pounds.
  5. Its in some other currency that I'm not sure of, but after exchange rate It'll probably be cheap
  6. its tempting (hell that translates as about $180) but with no feedback and no payment method? - come on...that sounds a bit suss to me
  7. steve21

steve21 Banned

And it's from China...

Doesn't translate into a very good idea IMO.
  8. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Clearly fraud. I reported this and all other listings by this seller to Ebay security. What does this guy think he's doing?

9. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Good call Roberbrewster. I don't watch E-Bay, I'm scared to buy anything there. You guys always amaze me when you catch these. You're doing a service.
  10. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    87 GBP about $150 USD
  11. +1 on the good call. I love the scam emails that say to update your ebay information. Here's a tip...Before you click anything, just mouse over the bottom of your browser, a web address should appear. If it has something that doesn't look right (such as a site address in numbers - like - rather than a name, or a web name that completely different than the email sender's name), it's a scam.
  12. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    On firefox theresx an extension that shows the IP on the bottom right hand corner (ShowIP)
  13. I find it totally amazing that this seller would post "world-wide" if it's only available in China. That's why it says
    What a crock! If it isn't a scam, then it's a noobe that's still learning how to sell on Ebay! I'd say don't bother, but unless you're in China, you can't, anyway! Interesting find! Thanks for the "heads-up". ;)