1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does a bass that produces bass notes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 0scar, Jul 19, 2005.

1. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    in very low frequencies (we're talking like rap bass thumps here) exist? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, I think by Ibanez maybe like 10 years ago? I can't remember.

2. erb basses

extended range bass

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Check out the Adler site. They have a few sub-contra basses that are definitely worth checking out. Be sure to read the Low C# Theory written by TB'er Jauqo III-X (the link to it is on the Basses page).

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Incorrect. The Fender BassVI has the four regular bass strings plus two more. A baritone guitar is tuned A-A or B-B, and as the name suggests, is a mid-pitch instrument. If you wish to say Mr. Jackson was the first to add a string BELOW the E string, that I would agree with.

7. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    By "rap bass thumps" are you talking basslines or bass drum?

I actually learn alot of Rap and Hip Hop lines so I can put them in my bag-o-tricks. Learning these Synth lines has diversified my approach alot and gotten me to think and move in ways I normally would not. I very soldom run across a line that dips below the range of a standard 5 string. Although many lines sound "sub-sonic" I think it is the strong fundamental, rich and open "undertones" and EQ of the patch that gives the effect.
    Question for JAUQO III-X:
    Are you required to cary liability insurance?
    Do you have any good(or bad) stories about stuctural breakage, sudden vomiting or involuntary soilage? :bag: