Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does a bass that produces bass notes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 0scar, Jul 19, 2005.

1. 0scar

0scar

Jul 11, 2003
    in very low frequencies (we're talking like rap bass thumps here) exist? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere, I think by Ibanez maybe like 10 years ago? I can't remember.

2. erb basses

extended range bass

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Check out the Adler site. They have a few sub-contra basses that are definitely worth checking out. Be sure to read the Low C# Theory written by TB'er Jauqo III-X (the link to it is on the Basses page).

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Incorrect. The Fender BassVI has the four regular bass strings plus two more. A baritone guitar is tuned A-A or B-B, and as the name suggests, is a mid-pitch instrument. If you wish to say Mr. Jackson was the first to add a string BELOW the E string, that I would agree with.

7. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    By "rap bass thumps" are you talking basslines or bass drum?

I actually learn alot of Rap and Hip Hop lines so I can put them in my bag-o-tricks. Learning these Synth lines has diversified my approach alot and gotten me to think and move in ways I normally would not. I very soldom run across a line that dips below the range of a standard 5 string. Although many lines sound "sub-sonic" I think it is the strong fundamental, rich and open "undertones" and EQ of the patch that gives the effect.
    Question for JAUQO III-X:
    Are you required to cary liability insurance?
    Do you have any good(or bad) stories about stuctural breakage, sudden vomiting or involuntary soilage? :bag: