1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Does a dean z case will fit a Gibson?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blakemcw, Jan 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Blakemcw

Blakemcw

Jan 8, 2016
    I've got a 1985 Gibson explorer bass that I bought without a case and was wondering if anyone had ever used a Dean metalman Z bass case for a Gibson explorer bass.

2. Blakemcw

Blakemcw

Jan 8, 2016
    Also, didn't proof read the thread title and it shows. My bad.

grisezd likes this.
  3. chromium

chromium

Jul 17, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    I have read of folks successfully using the Dean metalman Z case for long scale explorer basses.

A coffin case might be another option:
    kk48Lj3.jpg

I have two massive Hamer HSCs (one is a flight case), and they are too big to fit in my car along with other gear :) I ended up buying one of these gig bags recently for gigs as a result. Works great, well padded, fits long scale explorers perfectly, and should work fine with the mid-scale Gibsons:

Amazon.com: Extra Thick Explorer Bass Guitar Gig Bag /soft case: Musical Instruments

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I pretty sure it can. I mean the dean z is basically an explorer styled bass. so it should fit. I originally did wanted to buy a dean z metalman bass when I was with my brother's old band, but my brother insisted that I buy a dean ml metalman instead mainly because he wants us to have a matching set-up. I have gotten compliment about the ml bass I've played at the time. anywho, it should fit fine.

5. Blakemcw

Blakemcw

Jan 8, 2016
    Thanks! I might go ahead and try the Dean case, but if that doesn't fit I know now that the coffin case or that gig bag will.

6. Blakemcw

Blakemcw

Jan 8, 2016
    Just got my Dean metalman Z case in the mail and with a 2 minute modification to the foam at the upper bout of the body its a perfect fit. The case is huge, but finally I have some protection for my bass.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021