Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does a Nylon Slip Cover for Ampeg PR410-HLF 4x10 Cab exist? (plus a few other Q's)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shiggs, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Shiggs

Shiggs

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas
    Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but I have a few questions I hope someone could answer:

1. I have an Ampeg PR410-HLF (big 4x10 cab...i'm sure you all know hehe) and I would like to get a nylon type slip cover for it. Does anyone make one for it?

2. The casters on said cab are too small and make it hard to roll the cab around certain places, where's a good place to buy bigger casters for it? The cab uses the type of caster where you can just push/pull the casters out.

3. What's a good boost pedal for bass? I recently got an Ibanez Artcore ASB140 semi-hollow body bass guitar and it is significantly softer than my Stingray 4. I don't know anything about pedals really...anyone know of any good boost pedals?

Thanks for your help

2. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    For my 8x10, I went to a fabric store and bought a few yards of marine grade vinyl for $15 and had a friend sew a cover for it. The prices I've seen on the web for slip covers are terribly high, so I went this route and it's held up great and protected the tolex from scrapes and rain perfectly over the last year.

While expensive, the Fulltone Bass Drive makes a great clean boost pedal in addition to its fantastic OD.

3. tommysalami

tommysalami

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    I get all my covers made by Le Cover. They're made from Cordura nylon. Very durable & you can get them padded too.
    Their # is 800-228-3878. :cool:

4. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    check out Modern Case Co or Undercover Cases

5. Shiggs

Shiggs

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas
    thanks for the help guys!