1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does any other company make a Precision Deluxe copy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doctorpunch, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Kinda like this:

FenderPrecisionDeluxe1.jpg

I like the hum/P pickup configuration. I can't even find the real deal for sale. The closest I saw was an SX but it had a jazz neck and...that...headstock :bag:

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    You can get Warmoth to route you a body like that, I'm sure...

That said, it is telling the Fender went back to the older P/J arrangement in their latest P-deluxe... The fat P'up Deluxe must not have been "all that"...

3. ajunea3

ajunea3

Feb 14, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Check out the Schecter Diamond P custom.

4. Foundation S.. will be higher quality

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It is "all that' to my ears. Only reason I own a Fender bass is that fat ol' humbucker. The OP can find a used American Deluxe from '96 to 2009, with that arrangement. great sounding basses.

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I gotta say, I recently bought a Schecter C4 Diamond series and I'm incredibly impressed with the build quality and sound.

There are a number of P-deluxe copies around, you just need to keep looking.

7. cassius987

cassius987 Inactive

Apr 20, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Oh yes, I can't think of even one example of a company canning something that was a good idea.

8. That Schecter Diamond P Custom is mighty pretty, especially in metallic blue.

Of course, I want a maple fretboard. But still, it's pretty.

9. The neck will be slightly different..

Hardware will be on par with Fender custom shops..

MOST S basses will have dimarzios and allow for easy alteration.

10. Rico_2212

Rico_2212

Jul 6, 2004
    Dietzenbach, Germany
    Peavey Amps Club #64
    Sandberg, also available w/ 5-strings.

11. That Schecter seems like a win. I wonder if I can switch the neck with the one from my Jazz....

12. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

13. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    I just traded mine like you pictured to a guy for a 5 string Jazz version! I've seen at least 3 on my local Craigslist in the last few months...

14. the Schecter iDiamond P sounds just great.. check it out on this video

15. how about sandberg, better than ANY fender i have ever played/owned.

DSC00261.jpg

16. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    +1

17. I have the 2009 P Deluxe, and the hum is very nice. I guess it's whatever you like at the end of the day, but I like the fact that even though it's two J singles as a hum, it's still completely different to a J config.

I was disappointed to see that Fender has dropped the hum on the 10 model. :bawl:

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021