Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anybody else have basslines in thier Warwick?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LowEbandit, Jul 19, 2005.

1. LowEbandit

LowEbandit

Aug 11, 2004
    NWPhx
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of putting SD basslines in my Warwick corvette, opinions?
    Good/bad idea?
    Stock MEC's right now.

2. LowEbandit

LowEbandit

Aug 11, 2004
    NWPhx
    bump for the morning crew....
    *crickets chirping*

3. kegbarnacle

kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    Phoenix
    I have a stock corvette too. I love the bass, but I too wasn't all together thrilled with the pickups. I was thinking about changing them, but then happened to get a deal on a Sadowsky outboard pre, and it's a killer combo. Maybe give that a shot.

4. well i think thats why p-nut and dirk lance put ajj-1 on their basses, i heard that many people not so pleased with the mmc and replace them with other PU's.
    if you werent pleased with the stock PU's, experiment with used pU's from the pawn shop, and maybe it will surprize you ..... ;)

5. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I have an FNA with a basslines Alinco MM pickup. Sounds good so far- but when i get the proper electronics for the aggie obp-1 I'll give a better review.

6. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I have Basslines AJJ-1's in my Thumb Bolt On 4 String... I also have the Basslines STC-2A tone circuit...

It all sounds good. I may be searching for another pre-amp tone circuit though... I am not too sure if it will make any difference in my tone because my sound is pretty much the same with / without hte tone circuit...

7. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    If I'd kept my Fortress One, I'd have ditched the MEC's for sure. Any future Warwick will have an electronics change for me.

8. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I too am thinking of having an electronics swap done on my '97 Corvette Standard as well in favor of Duncan Basslines (possibly the STK J2 hot pups) and rewired full passive since I never use the preamp and always have it in bypass mode (though it's not a hard bypass and the pups still need juice from the 9volt.) I don't like the MEC preamp. I'd want my control cavity shielded too.

I heard that the dimensions of the MEC neck J pup are different than the dimensions on Duncan J neck pups.