Does anybody have a phone # for Hamer? Jol Dantzig?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theaterbass29, Feb 11, 2009.

1. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    I have a 1996 Hamer B12s that is in need of a new paint job. I really want it to be white, like the B12s on www.12stringbass.net. I have attempted to contact Hamer, but it is Kaman, who represents them. They tell me that they wont take any instruments for refinishing, but I find it hard to believe that Jol Dantzig and crew would want their consumers to not be able to contact them, or that they would service one of their own products, even if it is just a paint job. I know I could get a million people to refinish it, but I want Hamer to do it. Plus I want the Headstock finished white as well, with Hamer written in larger black letters, like the old school Hamers used to have on them. Anyway, if you have a number or an email straight to Hamer or Jol himself, please pass along. I want to give them one more shot before I move on.

2. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    There's a lot of stuff they won't do (so I hear), it's weird because they started out doing repairs. I would think you'd want to talk to Frank Rindone (sp?, I don't have his email) or maybe Kim Keller at Kaman, but I doubt that either will tell you to send the bass in. I imagine they would be very expensive if they did agree. The logo you want is the called the 'Stadium' logo, -I like those too.

3. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Stadium logo, yup, that's the one. Ugh. I suppose if I could get someone else to refinish it, and they could duplicate the logo. I do think it stinks that they wont service or refinish their own instruments. I know theyve downsized and are probably up to their neck in orders, but still, its just a refin, probably would take about 3-4 days max and could be sprayed on a day when there are several others to paint. Anyone have any suggestions as far as another luthier who might refinish and copy the logo. Come on Jol Dantzig, I know your out there, tell us how to get in touch with you, please.

4. What he said.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021