Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anybody have an older zeta bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tjclem, Nov 2, 2005.

1. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
  2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Fat Dog Guitars, in Berkely Ca.
    Bought out Zeta, Has many necks and bodys, will put toghther Zeta bass for you.

3. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Thanks I have the body I will build the neck I was just wondering about the electronics. I would be cool to see what one looked like too...tom

4. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    You can probably place any type of electronics in there that you want, which is what you want, right???

5. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

This body was used for the Zeta Prism. I had one and while it was a gorgeous bass, I never warmed up to the sound which was a bit too sterile for my tastes. Mine had an EMG p/j setup and a piezo in the bridge but some had just the piezo or just the humbucker. Plus I was a spaz on fretless at the time.

Here's a link for more info:

Zeta Prism

6. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Thanks for the info. I wish I could find a used electronic package to put in it.....t

7. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Your post caught my attention because Sheldon Dingwall, maker of Dingwall basses, based his Voodoo series of basses off the Zeta Prism shape. I own a '99 Voodoo Zebra and really dig the body shape. The lower part also looks similar to a Kubicki so hey, great minds think alike??

Anyway, that's besides the point. You might visit his site and email or even call him directly to pick his brain. I'm sure he could steer you in the right direction and get you started searching for a used elec. pkg on the 'Bay or something. Get a Bart NTMB or something, or get really wild with just a Midi pickup from a Roland unit.

Have fun!

Eric

8. tjclem

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Thanks got any photos? I was thinking of installing some regular pickups but I hate to cut into the top it is really clean and sweet looking the way it is..t