Does anybody have An SPB-2 sound sample?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JustOpenYourMind, May 12, 2003.

1. Hi everybody,
    I would like to hear some sound sample of a seymour duncan SPB-2 hot for p-bass pick-up.
    does any body has one in his bass or know a song where I can clearly hear the tone of this pick-up.

thank you all in advance :bassist:
  2. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I just installed the SPB-2 into my Fender MIA P-Bass last night. I liked the stock pups, but I got the SPB-2's for free and figured I ought to try them out.

I made some before-and-after recordings on my PC recording setup so that I could hear the differences between the two.

I must say that there is not a huge difference between the SPB-2 and the stock pups. I didn't really notice that they were any hotter. They had a little less boomy-ness in the low bass, and a bit more going on in the midrange, but still they were very similar. I'd say they were a bit more modern sounding. I have yet to try them out with my band.

If you'd like I can send you some MP3 clips of what I have. Is there any particular style you would like to hear? I can make a short recording for you if you'd like.