1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does anybody have An SPB-2 sound sample?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JustOpenYourMind, May 12, 2003.

1. Hi everybody,
    I would like to hear some sound sample of a seymour duncan SPB-2 hot for p-bass pick-up.
    does any body has one in his bass or know a song where I can clearly hear the tone of this pick-up.

thank you all in advance :bassist:

2. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I just installed the SPB-2 into my Fender MIA P-Bass last night. I liked the stock pups, but I got the SPB-2's for free and figured I ought to try them out.

I made some before-and-after recordings on my PC recording setup so that I could hear the differences between the two.

I must say that there is not a huge difference between the SPB-2 and the stock pups. I didn't really notice that they were any hotter. They had a little less boomy-ness in the low bass, and a bit more going on in the midrange, but still they were very similar. I'd say they were a bit more modern sounding. I have yet to try them out with my band.

If you'd like I can send you some MP3 clips of what I have. Is there any particular style you would like to hear? I can make a short recording for you if you'd like.