Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does Anybody have one of these.......................

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JDBJJJP, Jul 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDBJJJP

JDBJJJP

Mar 3, 2000
    Last week i went to another city to see a Godsmack concert. Which btw i am usually not into heavy modern rock (other than rage) but, Godsmack is a very solid band. their groove will give you a headache and a heart attack. Before the concert I stopped in at the local Daddy junk's store. There were of course tons of nice basses but i bought the ugliest thing in there. I bought a Squire II percision bass. It does not have a pickguard (it has a rear control cavity). The paint on the bass is a white creme with a bit of an irridesent thing happening. Why did i buy it. It has that fat clear sound I always wanted in a p-bass and I play chords a lot and the frets are all in tune...BTW did i mention i only paid 160 bucks for it and it has a maple finger board. If anyone can tell me what this thing is help me.

2. JDBJJJP

JDBJJJP

Mar 3, 2000
    MAN!!! not one reply. Thanks for the feedback people!

3. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JDBJJJP:
    I bought a Squire II percision bass. If anyone can tell me what this thing is help me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's a Squire II Precision Bass! You answered your own question!
    Seriously.. maybe this will help.. http://www.squierguitars.com/squierbasses/squierbasses_group.html

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'm not sure what kind of feedback you want. How's this?:

I don't have one.

5. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Nope ... me neither.

7. mljohn

mljohn

Jul 16, 2000
    Hmmm...
    Checked my junk drawer, couldn't find one either. Although I did find that rare metric screwdriver I was looking for. [​IMG]

8. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I think you lot a being a bit cruel (I dont have one either, whoops.)

CS

9. frost13

frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    As a matter of fact.....I DID have one for a short time. I bought it for $100 and sold it when I was offered $150. The thing is...I wish I still had it!
    I don't know what it was about that bass, but even my wife said it had a great tone. It did sound better than a lot more expensive basses...Fender, or otherwise. Like I said...I wish I still had it.... [​IMG]

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Hey, is that one over there....?

Nope.

11. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    Wow! I saw one wednsday in a local music store that the repairman had just bought from a customer. The body had been cut down to the shape of a charvell jackson and it was a wierd color blue. It played great and sounded great. He gave eighty bucks for it.

12. JDBJJJP

JDBJJJP

Mar 3, 2000
    wow! thanks for the jokes brad, cs, and mljohn(my 2nd grade cousin makes funnier ones) . You three should take your act on the road. thanks a lot more to those who took my post seriously and answered. I really dig this thing. It looks like it came from a junk drawer but it has a cool tone, so maybe you three guys should go read the book instead of just the cover.

13. mljohn

mljohn

Jul 16, 2000
    Please don't be upset with us underachieving comedians. Someone has to bear the wrath of our $.50 humor. [​IMG]

14. JDBJJJP

JDBJJJP

Mar 3, 2000
    frost, did you know what the body of te squire II p-bass is made of??

15. sic and twiztd

sic and twiztd

Jul 28, 2000
    lol. squier pbass II. never heard of it. but why are you so mad at the three comedians making humor at your expense? oh never mind. i c now. i think they're funny though...

16. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Let's see...you tell us that you bought a "Squire II percision bass". Now you'd like us to tell you what it is... OK

and "we're" the comedians?? :D

Seriously, my guess is that you have a Squire II percision (Precision) bass. Maybe you should take it on the road;)

17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    mljohn, the left-handed metric screwdrivers show up on eBay occassionally.

18. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey be more specific in what you wanna know so that people actually know what you mean.& i don't know what it is besides what these people have said.

19. nixrick

nixrick

Aug 12, 2000
    Fender made the squier pbass 2 in the late eighties, early nineties as a lower cost alternative to that paragon of expensive basses, the squier pbass. they made a squier strat 2 as well, mostly with no pickguards. all of them that i've played sound pretty good tho. they're made in korea, which means they're samicks, but don't hold that against it, especially if you like it. dunno what they made the bodies of. check the electronics cavity, if you see little layers on the walls, it's laminated, which means if you want more tone, buy emgs or a solid body.

20. JDBJJJP

JDBJJJP

Mar 3, 2000
    Hey frost13, if you would like to have one again i would sell you mine at a fair price. I bought it on a whim but reality i did not need it or really want it. I am a jazz bass guy. I have had my jazz for a couple years and when ever I go to a guitar shop i try out all sorts of bass and the jazz basses always have the tone i am looking for. The only thing i would really seriously be interested in is one of those new Fender American standards with the trasparent orange color. For now i'll just play mexi standard. Frost or anyone else if you want the thing it could be yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.