Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anybody here have a Washburn XB-800, XS-8, MB-8, or Washburn/Status headless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flatwound, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Wondered how you liked any of these, and how the construction, playability and sound are.

2. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    bump

3. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    So... nobody I guess... :bawl:

4. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Yep , got an XB800 Bantam , Status pickups , gold hardware , amber quilted top. Just bought an Washburn Series 1000 Status , Transparent Walnut....gorgeous !

5. pbasskalas

pbasskalas

May 8, 2008
    Chicago
    5 year post resurrection

6. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Here here , how about some photos and a Washburn owner call-out !

7. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    Got a walnut Washburn status and then a white one of the same for sale.

8. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    The Washburn status is a well built easy playing. Very comfortable and easy top play with a nice tight sound. I bought mine when I went through a Mark King phase. And while the bass sounds good for that it is versatile enough to play other style. It is one of the fe headless basses I could play.

9. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Aint she a beauty ? .

10. irework

irework

May 14, 2009
    Painesville, ohio
    I have a transparent red one, It's a fantastic slap pop bass, great for funk or funk rock/metal. It's worth more than they go for. come to think of it I may just put mine up for sale! Any whooser they really are a diamond in the rough. They are tough as nails, light comfortable, and full of tone. I have heard some people say the jury is out on the finger style on these, but personally I think they are great.

11. v1paul

v1paul

Apr 9, 2009
    Washburn Status' are fantastic for slap... they're really easy.

12. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    Ditto to everybody else says. Great players and slap freakin machines. I keep a Walnut one like the one shown above beside my bed.