1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anybody here know about Marc van Wageningen?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Marc vW is from Holland but lives in the Bay Area.This guy has been one of my favorite players for decades.He is relatively unknown I just want to help spread the word... I love his work with Ray Obiedo. He has a cd out with his brother Paul. TheVW Brothers "Muziek" it's really good.
    here's a clip with Marc Paul and Ray Obiedo that I found on youtube

2. prestonc

prestonc

Oct 7, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, I know about Mark VW. I have tried to follow his career since the '80s, and I am always amazed at how how classy his playing is. I recommend any of the Ray Obiedo or Pete Escovedo records he plays on. There are probably many others that I don't know about, but I don't know how to find them.

3. Compozzer

Compozzer

Jan 31, 2014
    Check the 2 albums with Sheila E. & the E-train:

• Writes of Passages
    • Heaven

Enjoy!

4. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Great tune!

5. Yes, I love those CDs. Too bad there aren't more of Sheila in that band.

6. If anybody has news on the extent of the injuries and how they are recovering...could you please post? I love both of these guys and to think that they might not be able to make music anymore just breaks my heart.

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Heard about him years ago when I bought some Ray Obiedo cd's. He's also on some of the Escovedo Family projects if I remember correctly. Bay area cat. Good player.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I saw him in 1982 and he was a monster, I've been a fan ever since.

9. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I know this is an old thread, but I just discovered this bassist from a tune I'm doing in a Cuban music ensemble and he's playing here:

Absolutely insanely good bass playing.

10. He and his brother put out a CD called the VW Brothers
    I totally love that one

jerry likes this.