1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does anybody know latency of ZOOM MS-60B and B3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chirro, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Hello everybody. I'm going to chain some digital devices and the sum of the latency of each one is important to me. I have written to Zoom USA and Zoom Japan some days ago asking this, and no response at the moment.

I need to know the latency of multistomp Zoom MS-60B pedal (and B3 if it's possible) from analog input to analog output.

I think that can vary with the number and type of effects you use, so, please tell me (if anybody knows) with no effects and with some heavy latency ones.

Thanks in advance.

2. For those of you who are interested, I have measured this and found to be less than 2 ms. in each device. Not depending on number of effects.

Of course some effects has some delay.

MS60B - Without any effect -> less than 2 ms.
    MS60B - With 3 SVT amps and an Equalizer (4 SVT not supported) -> less than 2 ms.

Similar measures in B3.

gfen likes this.
  3. madame clapotis

madame clapotis

Aug 29, 2013
    I never experienced any latency, apart from the pitch shift options in the ZOOM MS60 / B3.

4. Of course, 2 ms. is unnoticeable, but if you add 4 ms. of my Line 6 G50 and 3.7 ms. of our Presonus Studiolive RM32AI, you end with almost 10 ms. If you, like me, use to mix your band in front of the stage at about 5 meters, you will have over 25 ms. of latency, and this is a noticeable delay.

In my amp (more or less at 3 meters from me) I have 2 + 4 + (3 x 3) = 15 ms.

When playing fingerstyle there is no problem, I can live with this, but playing slap could be a pain.

And you are right with the Pitch Shift in my B3 is almost 24 ms. of latency.

Sorry for my bad english.