1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

does anybody know of a half space crossover?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by learning_towalk, May 5, 2004.

1. I've got a 1/2 space left in my rack and I though since I'll be getting a 115 soon that a cross over was right up my alley

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    ahh, don't worry about a crossover. Bi-amping is not all it's cracked up to be, believe me. I think the smallest you will get is 1 space.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I run my 10's and 15's full range. The difference with a crossover was minimal.

4. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    Rolls makes a very small crossover (smaller than 1/2 space). You pad it with something to make it fit in a half space.
    The X-over frequency can be set as low as 50Hz.
    See http://www.rolls.com/new/sx21.html for info on the unit.

What type of cabinets are you trying to X-over?
    If I am biamping I use a frequency in the 75hz-100hz range to split when using a 2x10 for the highs and between 50hz-75hz if using a 4x10 for the highs. By cutting the deep lows from the 10's, you can get punchier more defined Mids.

5. well I have an Avatar B410 and was thinking about picking up a SB115 for lows....and I was gonna get a crossover if I got that....haven't really decided what to do yet though. thanks for the link that looks cool if I end up going that route

6. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    RDL makes a few different small crossover modules. Take a look at the Full Compass catalog (www.fullcompass.com) for details.