does anybody know of a half space crossover?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by learning_towalk, May 5, 2004.

1. I've got a 1/2 space left in my rack and I though since I'll be getting a 115 soon that a cross over was right up my alley
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    ahh, don't worry about a crossover. Bi-amping is not all it's cracked up to be, believe me. I think the smallest you will get is 1 space.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I run my 10's and 15's full range. The difference with a crossover was minimal.
  4. redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    Rolls makes a very small crossover (smaller than 1/2 space). You pad it with something to make it fit in a half space.
    The X-over frequency can be set as low as 50Hz.
    See for info on the unit.

What type of cabinets are you trying to X-over?
    If I am biamping I use a frequency in the 75hz-100hz range to split when using a 2x10 for the highs and between 50hz-75hz if using a 4x10 for the highs. By cutting the deep lows from the 10's, you can get punchier more defined Mids.
  5. well I have an Avatar B410 and was thinking about picking up a SB115 for lows....and I was gonna get a crossover if I got that....haven't really decided what to do yet though. thanks for the link that looks cool if I end up going that route
  6. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

RDL makes a few different small crossover modules. Take a look at the Full Compass catalog ( for details.