Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does Anybody know of a place where you can send your bass to get custom paintjobs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sk8terguy316, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Well as the titile suggests does anybody know of any places. because I want to send a Black Geddy Lee to get repainted Sun-burst

(Sorry for long title) All pointers are appreciated thanks :bassist: :D

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    maybe warmoth? i haven't checked, but you may want to try...

www.warmoth.com

:)

3. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
  4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    FYI, solid finish guitars aren't necessarilly the best looking woods. A lot of times, wood with good tone but ain't too pretty gets put into a bass like a Geddy, solid finish. Once its stripped you may not like the way it looks.

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass

Excellent point. The Fender website shows the Geddy as having an alder body and generally speaking alder does not have terrific looking grain pattern to it. It's also impossible to see the body splices until you strip the black off it. I'd hate to see you spend $250 - $300+ on a refin that you may not be happy with.

8. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
  9. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    How about Rick Giarmo?

http://www.giarmo.com

He does custom paint jobs plus repairs. Plus, he's in your neck of the woods, so you can drive your bass on over to him and have to worry about shipping it. Rick is a very nice guy and very good at what he does. I've never had a paint job done by him, but I have brought instruments to him for repairs, set-ups, and modifications and his work is first-rate. His prices are very reasonable too.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I will keep him in mind, thanks.

11. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Buy another Jazz you like the color of and swap the Geddy neck and p'ups. Then, sell the black body and old neck for about what you paid for the sunburst.