Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anybody know some about this bass? (Charvel/Jackson)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by My bass in your, Jan 21, 2004.

1. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    Here goes.

Last year I bought this Charvette (by Charvel) P-bass. I included a picture, but this is not how she looks like today. I gave her a full cosmetic make-over. Recently I installed a Schaller bridge it, and I'm waiting for the ordered EMG PU.
    I love this bass, but I know not that much about it.

What I would like to know is where and when it is made. I'm not sure about the body wood too.

The Gotoh tuners say: Made in Japan. But i think it's a Korean bas... The wood is light colored and it doesn't weight much.

I e-mailed Jackson about it, but they never replied.

Any info will be appreciated. Will it help if I posted the seral number?

Thanks in advance, and greetings from The Netherlands,

- Haico

[​IMG]

2. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    bump

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Charvette was a Korean made budget line that Charvel/Jackson marketed in the late 80's/early 90's. I don't know anything beyond that. Maybe somebody else does.

4. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    Wow, that's already a great start! Thank you.

I thought they are budget because the bass had more flaws than good things. Almost all flaws are solved now. The bass wasn't worth it, but I fell in love with the finnish and headstock. The results are pleasing.

Anybody?

5. My bass in your

My bass in your

Nov 1, 2003
    Holland
    bump

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I saw Randy Jackson(American Idol)playing one when he was with Narada Michael Walden way back in the mid to late 80's