Does anybody make EB-3 replacement pups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Aug 12, 2005.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I've been looking at the Brice ASB-1 bass and it looks really good to me. I've heard that the pickups are only so-so and wonder if anybody makes replacement pickups for an EB-3. The pickups look the same in the ASB-1 as in an EB-3.
  2. Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    Off the top of my head, dimarzio makes an HB that looks like it could swap with the neck pup. Other than that I'm not sure what's available.
  3. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    There's actually two; the DM Model One, and the Will Power Neck that could replace the neck. They're also 4 wire pickups so you have series/parallel/single coil options. The M1 often sells for <$25 on ebay.

No idea about a substitute bridge pickup on that one, though it looks like it might be similar in size to some of the small guitar humbuckers. Some guitar pickups are also excellent for bass. In this instance you need to find one with blade polepieces to get around the string spacing issue.
  4. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    wd or allparts makes the big neck and the small bridge pickups for eb3 replacements. I would give the brice a chance before orderingr replacement pickups though.
  5. jetsrush

Sep 22, 2010
  6. hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    What's up with all the zombie threads popping up the last couple of days?