Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anybody play Behringer BX3000T Amp?? Welcoming opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vysous, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    Hello, I want to buy this Behringer Amp, Its quite cool power for this price (approx. 200$ NEW), It has 300W RMS into 4 ohms...
    Please, is here anybody who plays it??? I want to hear your opinions on and experience with this amp....
    I want to power up my bass, cause i have only 30W combo,
    it isnt much to play on gigz....
    Thx a lot. Vysous

2. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    ---------------------------------------------------
    It's arrogant to say : I am the best.
    There is one exception - If you are the best.
    Jaco knew it..............

3. jasonc

jasonc

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hi. I own and play thru the BX3000T. I've had it for a bit over a year. I've gigged with it about 20 times, and I practice thru it 2 times per week with the band (I use a smaller practice amp when alone). It is sturdy, and it sounds great. I play it thru a GK 410SBX and 115SBX. I play small/med & lg venues. We play rock'n'roll/punk rock ala Motorhead. I use a Fender Jazz. The Amp is great. It works well, plenty of options (shape function is great), The Ultra Bass function I don't use and in my opinion is worthless (unless you're into "Nu Metal"). The Amp easily pulls it's weight and I'm up against 2 Marshall Full-Stacks (usually have gain at 4 and master at 4 or 5) . Many will say not to buy it because "behringer uses less than ethical practices, by ripping off other companies designs". However, if you are strapped for cash, and need something that WILL work and work well - I say go for it. Go into a Guitar Center (or wherever) and play one. Decide for yourself.

So summing it up, in my opinion - I like it, Sounds good, and have had no problems. I recommend it.

P.S. Here we go............

4. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I have one, for the price it was good. Since then I've upgraded though, My used one (basically brand new) might be for sale soon (a friend was suppose to buy it, but that was 3 weeks ago), so I may be able to pass the deal on to you. PM if you're interested.

5. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    Thx for offer.
    But I am from middle of Europe, so i dont know if it would be possible to sell it to me.
    And actualy, I dont have money to buy it now...

6. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Cancel that then, it'll end up costing more after all the shipping ands stuff :-\

7. dar512

dar512

Mar 25, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I've had one for 9 months now and it works fine for my uses. But the correct question isn't "is it any good?" it's "how well will it suit my needs?".

What kind of bass do you have? What kind of music do you play? What kind of sound do you want?

Without knowing this, the real question is hard to answer.

8. RedVette

RedVette

Jan 1, 2005
    Medford, OR
    Usually questions about Behringer will bring a million negatives having to do with them copying others designs, or the fact that the equipment is put together in China, etc.

As it turns out, there is no magic in any bass amp design. You can design a bass amp yourself in a few minutes using any one of a dozen electronic design software packages. Oddly enough, most of the designs will come out about the same. The same is true for bass speakers.

I have a Behringer BX1200 practice amp and it is excellent. I also have the Ashdown MAG 300 amp and it is excellent as well. Both are simple designs that are actually assembled in China.

If you have a problem with "globalization", you will have to look long and hard to find something that is entirely made in the US. For example, amplifier parts like opamps, transistors and vacuum tubes are almost all made overseas.

Bottom line. Find something that sounds good to you and buy it.

9. alibloke

alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England
    Yep... if you're an antipodean or european then your options are pretty limited if you are strapped for cash...! :help:

Whereabouts in Europe are you from? Is the availability of bass gear any good in your country?

In terms of performance the BX3000t is by no means a bad amp , and for the money its actually rather good.....

Alternatives to the Behringer would include the Ashdown MAG series which are great amps albeit a little more expensive, or the Laney R4H head, and matching R410 cab. I haven't gotten to hear the Laney yet, but others (including Jack) rate Laney gear highly. The Laney costs about the same as the Behringer does new.

Also you could try the lower end Warwick stuff, or look second hand.

As mentioned above, stick to what your maximum budget will allow, and buy what sounds good to your ears... :bassist:

10. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005

I am from Czech Republic. Aviability is quite good, but prizes are HUGE different from US ones... Shops in America offer gear for 2/3 of our prizes.... I havent seen Ashdown amps in any of our stone or online shops... And Laney? I havent heard good opinions on Laney amps, and they are quite expensive (i dont know us prizes...)

It's arrogant to say : I am the best.
    There is one exception - If you are the best.
    Jaco knew it..............

11. alibloke

alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England
    In the UK both the Laney and the Behringer cost around £400 for head and a 410 cab, though I'm not sure how that equates in Koruna (about 17,000)? What are Warwick prices like over there?

Anyway, I am merely suggesting other possibilities to explore. :)

As I said earlier the Behringer sounds very good for the money. I've owned one for about ten months now without any major hiccups. It comes with 'dynamizer' valve emulation circuitry, as well as foot switchable 'ultrabass' octaver and 'shape' effects. It is also a very loud 300W, and the shape function provides good versatility.

On the down side the surface mounted potentiometers do feel a bit cheesy, and it isn't exactly what I would call 'studio quiet', especially if you have the horn tweeter on your cab switched on. Also some people complain about the Ultrabass cutting out intermittently, although I haven't experienced this personally whilst using it sparingly.

Hope this helps...

P.S. I hope this ninja mask is made of asbestos! :ninja:

12. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Yes, and the used Laney stuff is much more expensive than used Behringer stuff, thats saying a lot if you ask me. ;)

13. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    I picked one up last week from musician's friend. A blem for $150. However it has a nasty buzz. Going to trade it in for a SWR Workingman's 2004.

14. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    I play a Laney RBH 800 head and will say this. There isn't anything the matter with the way Laney sounds or performs. Been dependable and easy to get my sound with.

tk

15. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    My setup (see below) has been loud (enough to cut through two marshall 1/2 stacks...and piss off the two guitarists as well), clear and plenty of low end. I've been happy with the 3000. I have noticed I'd like a little more stage volume during gigs (don't want to turn up past 12 o'clock) but during practices it's been plenty loud. I do plan to replace it with a pre/power amp setup because of this issue but it's not something I have to go out and do tomorrow or anything. My experience has been pretty good...for the money the BX3000T is ALOT of amp. The 300 watt rating is conservative....it easily out performed my old Hartke 3500 (350 watts) and is easier to get a decent tone. Hope this helps.
    -Bazz-

16. :cool: I just bought one a couple of weeks ago from MF for $199. I bought it as a back-up to my Genz-Benz GBE-600. I don't expect it to come near the GB, but it costs a lot less, and it is a back-up. However, I plan to use for the entire gig come weekend after next to see how well it does work. I'll post back then if anyone is interested.

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just buy it. At 67 cents a watt, it's disposable.

18. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I've had one for a little over a year now, and I love it. I run it through an Ampeg SVT 410 HLF and I've never had any problems with it at all. It's a good amp and an overall good workhorse, plus the fact that it's cheap is good.

19. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    OK, thanks for advices.
    I'll probably purchase it....
    One detail.... have to get more $$

---------------------------------------
    Just take that bass and play - Jaco Pastorius
    ---------------------------------------