1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anybody play FIFA 08 (PC)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Captain Chaos, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Wanna play a match against me? I just got it and am enjoying it a lot. :hyper:

2. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Winning Eleven fan here...sorry.

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    UEFA here.

4. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    FIFA 09 is out soon anyway. Looks to be a much better game, gameplay-wise. You should try Winning Eleven: PES2007 (2009 will also be out shortly). Blows FIFA out of the water, OMO.

Only thing FIFA has better is direct IP play.

I've played pc footie for a good 5 years now and WE:pES series is the better series. You will never score the same goal ALL THE TIME.

5. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I was a Winning Elevs fan for a while, until I played FIFA 08 on XBox 360, it definately is a superior game, which is almost hard for me to say considering how much I enjoyed and heralded Winning Eleven over FIFA. The Winning Eleven games for the PS2, though (I wanna say 10) are still the best, though!

6. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I've heard next Gen for FIFA is good on 360 but on PC, WE rocks.

7. /Bump

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Sorry, I play it on PS3, can't wait for Fifa 09!

9. I ordered PES from a store in England. I kinda like the graphics way and the gameplay a little bit more than FIFA 08.

pes.

10. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Only a few more days until Fifa 09 here in Europe! The release date is October 3rd. I think it will be released in mid October in the US.

11. Do you think I'll be able to run FIFA 09 smoothly with only 2.1 GHz? when it requires a pc to have 2.4 GHz?

12. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Hmmmm, it might if you turn all details down.

If I were you I'd download the demo and try it.

13. I just pre-ordered my copy of FIFA 09. :D We should have a talkbass tournament.

14. BUMP!

Anybody play FIFA 09 (pc)?

Come on! somebody must have it too.

15. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Just ordered Pro Evolution 2009. I have a copy of it now, too. Great game!!!

16. ^
    Same here. I couldn't find a store with the pc version, so I got it from a store in the UK.

17. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    I'm enjoying Fifa 09. The quick match team play is great except for the wait times on people to join and select ready and the whining about being a defensive player. I usually go for a mid or CF position as my strong point is through balls to the striker. I've tallied 16 assists and 5 goals in 20 quick matches.

18. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    PES FTW.