1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anybody recognize this FENDER?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4string4life, Jun 2, 2007.

1. It is American made from the early 90's.

Attached Files:

2. pic

Attached Files:

3. According to Fender's Web site, basses with a serial # of N2 plus 5 or 6 digits were made in 1992 or 1993.
    It says, in part: "With 1990 came the introduction of the "N" prefix serial numbers, which stood for the 1990s."
    http://www.fender.com/support/dating/fender_us_dating.php
    That's a cool-lookin' bass.. is it yours?

4. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    ...and it has the Kubicki style preamp.....

5. No its not mine but I want it. I just wanted some more info on it. Anybody have experience with the bass? It looks like it has concentric knobs, which are usully a reissue but im not sure. Help please!

6. dwsell

dwsell Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    It's a Jazz Plus.
    I have a 4 string in sunburst and it is by far my favorite bass. It has the lace sensor pickups and kubicki pre. passive-active-active boost switch, stacked treble and bass knob, and a stacked volume pickup blend knob. I really love the overall playability of the bass. You see them pop up on ebay and they usually go between 400-800.

7. rylche

rylche

Oct 27, 2005
    Singapore
    Are they limited runs? I don't see them being retailed around my region.

8. dwsell

dwsell Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Fargo, ND

They were made around 89'-93'. However, I am not sure where they were distributed. They also made a p-bass plus that came with the standard p or p-j pickup configuration.

9. Yup, it's a Jazz Plus.

10. It is a 1992 Jazz Bass Plus. I used to have a black one just like it. They do have the Kubicki preamp in them and Fender Lace pickups. They also made a Precision Bass Plus that was a PJ setup. To my ears this is one of the best sounding Fenders ever made.

11. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    I had a xerox copy of that very bass, same color, etc. It was my main gigging bass for over ten years. Great bass. The two stacked knobs are volume/pan, bass/treble- boost only. The rear knob is a 4 way switch, passive/active/active w/mid boost/OFF. That bass was "the wife" for a ling time. She left me sometime in the last year or so, for around $500. They go anywhere from low 400s thru as high as 800 on ebay, depending on condition.

12. Thanks alot guys, one more question. Are some of these MIM or CIJ or are they all MIA? I cant find a good review sight so im calling in you guys. Thanks a bunch.

13. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    If it's similar to the one an old bass teacher of mine had-it'd be MIJ IIRC.

14. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    MIA - the only ones with that electronics package was the Jazz Bass +, the Jazz Bass + 5, and the Kubickis, which were being made by Fender at the time...

15. Great thanks. I have a chance to get it for about $450, I think Ill go for it unless anyone has a reason not to. Thanks.

16. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    jump on it while you have the chance brother.

17. dave_p

dave_p

Dec 20, 2005
    CT
    jazz plus v
    i have one i bought brand new. it is a fantastic instrument. besides the aforementioned it also should have gotoh tuners and a schaller bridge, and the strap buttons should be schaller strap locks.

mines a clear coat ash.

18. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I have the PJ version of this, although I'm thinking of selling it to help fund a Lakland purchase. I just can't stand fender high gloss necks. However I may keep it because, although not my first bass, I only had my first one for a few months and this one for about 15 years. So I'm undecided.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021