Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone around here play a Celinder?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jerry J, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I'm trying not to get bass GAS but I've been thinking about how I'm going to spend my tax refund.:D

Does anyone here have any experience with the Celinder 5 strings? It looks like Chris has finally gotten the website back up and running. I'm particularly interested in the Vintage 5 string Jazz model.

2. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Nada? :confused: Nobody knows anything about the Celinder? Not even touched one? Rawn Randall says that they are phenominal. But I just wanted to get some feedback from someone other than the only dealer in the U.S.

3. Hey the Celinder is a Danish bass. It's made in Denmark, you know, the northern parts of Europe.
    Anyway your friend is right it is a phenominal bass but they are really expensive. Me'shell N'degeocello (I don't know if I spelled it right) plays one.
    If you are interested in other Danish basses try looking at Johnny Mørcks homepage he makes the so called curly basses. You can get the link from my signature.

4. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hi FunkLux, Welcome to Talkbass.com.

Thanks for the reply on the Celinders. I did know that Chris' shop was in Copenhagen. The Celinders haven't really been around too much over here in the States. And as you can see nobody really had anything to say about the basses.

I like the looks of them because I'm pretty much more in to the traditional vibe. I do know that they are kinda spendy but it seems that most of the really nice basses are. :(

Thanks for the link to Johnny Morcks website. They look like great basses. I'll bet that they are pretty expensive, too.

Thanks for your post and welcome again to TB.com

5. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I saw that P bass. Really nice. I wonder if they still have it. Did you see when the last time they updated their website. They are about as bad as some of the other stores about keeping things up.

I'm really looking for something more along the lines of a J bass with a "B" string. I just wonder, if some of the folks that build a J or P copy have trouble competing. There are quite a few REALLY NICE basses, in this genre, to compete with.