Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone do Sudoku puzzles?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Dec 24, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    These are really fun, if you like this sort of thing. You have to get numbers 1-9 in every row, column, and 3x3 box (within a 9x9 grid). You are given a certain amount of numbers (depending on difficulty) and you have to fill in the blanks.

Sorry if it sounds really confusing. Its not. And you'll prolly get the hang of it by the 2nd time.

Here's a good site to do them online. And you can print them:

www.websudoku.com

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yeah, I'm coming off a Sudoku addiction right now. I love any kind of puzzle like that that exercises your mind.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    My math teacher has a new one of those everyday.

I don't understand how to do them.

4. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    They're replacing the crossword as the puzzle of choice here in the UK newspapers.

Don't really have anything to do with maths, they're all about logic.

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i don't like games like that.

i'd rather do real math. :p

6. jaysun

jaysun

Dec 24, 2005
    geez, my SAT Prep Math teacher gave me one of those to do. I Got down to like the last block and realized i did it all wrong. It was so frustrating i never tried again. My sisters loves those kind of things though. Shes in to those mind games. You should see her do a rubix cube. why is this good?

You jsut gave me the sudoku website. Now i knwo what to get my sister for Xmas. Haha. Talk about getting lucky on Christmas eve.

7. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    lol... anytime?

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    dang, now im addicted

9. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    you're not alone... almost as addictive as tetris...

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I was just about to start a thread about this - good thing I used the Search feature! ;)

I'm hooked now as well. I thought they were all hype, but when I actually sat down to do them I can't stop! My mom got me a book of puzzles for Christmas, but I already finished all of the level 5 puzzles and don't see a point in going back and doing the easier ones. (Yeah, I'm bragging a little bit. :D)

11. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    i quite enjoyed doing these. once i could do the one with the 5 smaller puzzles interlocking together i havent done one since. They dont seem as fun anymore.

12. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Wow, that sounds pretty insane.

I went through a month where I spent every lunch hour at websudoku. I printed a few of the 'evil' ones to do at my leisure as well.

I haven't played at all lately, but I find sudoku more fun than crossword puzzles.

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well - they did!

They were very popular in the summer - the big thing!

But interest is waning now - how many times can you so this and still find it interesting - not that many!! :meh:

I did a few and thought - well , now what ?

Crosswords are much more interesting and can change with the times as you get new words and phrases in the language - I'll still be doing these long after people have even forgotten what Sudoku was!!