Does anyone else hate......

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I went on lunch break and decided to go to a fast food place (I don't know why, fast food is nasty). And of course the car in front of me had to order a whole bunch of food. The person working the window handed this person about 3 full bags of food and a large tray of drinks. And just to make it even more annoying, the vehicle of course was a huge obniouxios SUV.

All together this person held up the line for about 10 minuts at the window alone. Then on top of that, the person pays with a debit card, so it took even longer. THEN the person sits at the window for another few minuts and goes though the bags of food to make sure everything is there. In the meantime the line is getting huge and i'm getting pissed becaue all I did was order 3$ worth of food and I had to spend half my lunch break wating for this A-hole.

If you order a lot of food, then go inside like you are suppose to. What is with these people?
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The person could have pulled up to check that they got the order properly but other than that I've never heard of this "rule" that when you're ordering a lot of food you're supposed to go in. Of course maybe it's a well-known rule in Bad Brains' bizarro-land, where all people that drive SUVs are a-holes.

brad cook
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Actually it was probably a very very very busy mom. Going inside would mean dragging in all her kids, or leaving them alone.

There is nothing wrong with this... pack a lunch next time. :rolleyes:
  4. Call us again when you and a carful of your buddies want some quick eats, and the guy getting off the late shift behind you is feeling the same way.
  5. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    Drive-by @ the drive-in. You would have felt better.
  6. There's really no reason to all pissy and complain about it. That kinda stuff happens to everyone. Reminds me of my Stepdad, hates fastfood cause he has zero tolerance of any kind of slight inconvinance( I'm pretty sure I didn't spell that right) .

Just relax about it .
  7. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    You got served!
  8. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Yeah, I hate fast food too. Especially going through the drive-through. If I absolutely have to eat at one'a those joints, I usually just go inside. You? :bag:
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I think it has something to do with some obscure mafia rule.

I make it a general rule in life to not let these types of things annoy me. I've been in your situation, and I have felt the same way at first. Then, a little compassion sets in, and I think something along the lines of Matt's suggestion. It's all good brutha!

10. maybe you should have gone in...
  11. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002

I think you'd have been justified opening up a can of whoopass on the driver. You probably should have shot the register chick too. The enviroment would have thanked you.

(Dont you love judgemental enviro nazis!?)
  12. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    My only complaint would've been that she didn't pull the car up and THEN check the food.

I only really get irritated when people order something complex and then nitpick every little thing "Excuse me I wanted extra pickles" WHO GIVES A SH...IRT..?!
  13. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    You're right, the government should leave mobsters alone.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Boston Market is probably the best fast food i have had.
  15. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    +infinity I should add this to my food addiction thread. It's about the only place I go for chicken now. I just wish there was one alittle closer.
  16. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    But you are suppose to go in if you order a bunch of food. It's common courtsy. If you are going to oder a whole bunch of food then it's much better to talk them in person instead of screaming all this stuff over the speakers.

It's the same thing as the express line at the market. It says 12 items or less but often times some people roll up with a cart full of stuff.

They should make a rule for this.
  17. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Waiting for the inevitable bad brains thread, "Don't you hate it when you are standing in line at a fast food restaurant and someone orders 3 bags of food to go? Don't they know that to go orders are why they have drive thru windows?"

You whine like a 12 year old cheerleader who lost her pom poms. :bawl:
  18. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    No, you're not "supposed" to go in if you want to order a lot of food. It is not common courtsy, either. You're only supposed to go in when you eat there (I know a couple og dudes who work fast food)... I dunno why they ask "for here or to go" when there's a drive through :p. Really though either way is an inconvience for someone when a large amount of food is ordered. You are just mad cos it happened to inconvience you for the whole 10 minutes it took, which IMHO, is rather selfish.
    People shouldn't be in such a damn hurry anymore.
    Next time, pack your own lunch. It's healthier, and no one has to hear you complain about how it took 10 minutes to get some food :rolleyes:.

19. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    okay, now let's all hug..:smug:
  20. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    You wasted 5 minutes of my life and I want them back!...No, wait, I'd just waste them anyway - Moleman