1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does anyone else have a Jay Turser???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowtones, Nov 5, 2000.

1. I was just wondering if anyone else owns a Jay Turser bass. It's a new maker that started in January or something, and I just bought a 4-string JTB-440 (looks like a stingray) for $200 (list $305 hehe). Anyway, I think that it sounds REALLY good and it feels great, for the price anyway. So I just wanted to know if there are any other Turser players out there...

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Jay Turser is a moderator and posts here regularly.

OH! Wait a minute, that's John Turner. Always get them confused somehow, their basses look a lot alike to me.

:D

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I've been thinking about getting one of those Jay Turser seven stringers...:)

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    How about those Conklin Stingray copies?

Will C.:cool:

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Yeah, BW, I want one of those!
    I hear their P Bass copies are great too, and only $99.99!
    or get one with a full sized body for only $139.00!

Man, that Bill Conklin is a genius! ;)

6. does anyone miss that canadian guy (someone had to mention it), wow that guy was an idiot, and managed to get like 400 posts in like 2 weeks. and not to mention that he used CAPS ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!

7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I take it that he had a...JAY TURSER....:)

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    He not only had a Jay Turser, he also har two Talkbass handles and pretended he was two people, which is why Paul booted him off...

Will C.:cool:

9. There's a music store a few towns away from me that I visit regularly. Most of their stock is Jay Tursers and they have had them in stock for at least five years (I don't know about before that because I didn't live here.) They seem like pretty good basses and guitars for the money considering that most of them are copies of other lines. My friend bought one and she loves it. I have played a couple of times and it seems really good.