Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone else listen to Blind Melon???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by relman, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Man....i'm scared to be alone...anyone else listen to these wonderful souls????

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Gold's gym where I work out plays rock videos, most of which are early and mid nineties stuff like Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots and they play Blind Melon too. It makes me sad when I hear Shannon Hoon because it is so sad how he died.

The song "No Rain" seems very haunting now especially in a gym setting. I sometimes wonder if any of the others working out there ever stop to give Shannon Hoon a thought between their reps and sets. RIP, Shannon.

3. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    <center><div style=width:200;height:2;filter:glow(color=blue strength=400>i like em, and i actually quite like the name!

4. Yup, Im a fan too, too bad I got into them after he died :(

5. I hadnt ever really been into them until I saw a video recently that was brilliant, and I plan to pick up some of their stuff soon.

Boplicity, what happened to Shannon Hoon? I dont remember hearing about it.
    Jim

6. nikofthehill

nikofthehill

Jul 30, 2001
    san jose, CA
    i like 'em , but i don't have any of their CD's yet.
    what are the CD's that they've recorded? no rain IS a spooky song, even if you're not in a gym.
    -nik

7. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    This is really weird because about a month ago, some guy I knew told me about Blind Melon's "Soup." He plays in a death metal band, and he said it was his new favorite cd, and this guy apparently listens to everything. I was skeptical until I heard it after a friend bought it. Wow... Its really good basswise and non-basswise. Its definitely got that sad feel to it, and I love that.

8. Blind Melon (1992)
    Soup (1994)
    Nico (1995)

9. Shannon Hoon died of a coke overdose, not heroin.

10. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

As an addenda to the cocaine overdose explaination, Hoon's bandmates say the overdose was accidental and not a suicide as Kurt Cobain' allegedly was, though both men did leave behind a widow and a daughter.

11. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I listen to them, fine stuff they made it is.

I even put Mr. Shannon Hoon on a poster thing in my health class to explain why drugs are bad.