Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone else not like to brag about sexual conquests? WARNING: Preachy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BrettAM, Oct 4, 2002.

1. So, does anyone else here never feel the urge to mention their latest sexual "conquest" (i.e. for bragging rights)? I've never really felt the urge to mention it the next day, week, month, or whenever-if someone asks I'll answear, but I just don't get that urge that so many others do. I just thought I'd see what the concensus view is outside of high school, where the latest BJ is considered top notch conversation material.

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hell.. I'm in highschool, and I think it is rude, tacky, and very immature. What you do in that department is yours and hers (or vice versa) business, not to be told to others. I don't need to hear who gave you "dome" or who you "banged". It's not my business, and I don't really care.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I completely agree with you. In fact, I was thinking about this last night while I was screwin' this chick.....

:D

4. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I agree.

It's no one else's business what I do in private. I'll tell if they ask and I feel like I can trust them. Well, what would I know...I'm only 17. :rolleyes:

5. D. Funkalicious

D. Funkalicious

Sep 22, 2002
    A wise man once told me "You ain't seen nuthin till you're down on the muffin"...

6. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hehe..
    i think its kinda dumb.. i always took to the fact that.. "kids that brag alot.. aren't really gettin it.."
    so.. i just kept my mouth shut.. never said anything..if people asked me.. i would tell them the truth.. *grin*.. man i love the truth.. specially since july 4th.. .*grins yet again*

7. no, i think that's disrespectful to the female in the equation. especially since it seems like any female who engages in sexual activity is branded a "slut." it's not fair, but that's the way it is, so i keep my mouth shut.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I hate that.

It pisses me off that people are so sexist.

When a guy has sex, he is seen as some kind of cool guy. When a girl does the same thing, she becomes a slut.

I hate that.

Peace
    Nick

9. what about the dudes who deny that they bang certain chicks i.e. the "fat girls" ? (and please spare me the "thats rude" retorts about the fat girl remark-I am 300 pounds so I can say "fat chick")

10. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    My impression is that it is quite common ,
    that the more a dude boasts of his sexual success and abilty...the less he is serious F...er
    It is not always true,but sometimes it is.
    Anyway,true or not,
    I dislike this kind of behaviour:it is offensive for the girl;offensive for the guys that the dude is talking to,because may be they are not so successfull;and becuase I feel it is much better doing sex,than talking about it....
    ...unless you're talking to a beautifull girl:D

11. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    I am one of those dudes:to me,
    a beautifull aspect is the first step to begin a relationship with a girl.I sayed No to many girls,I disliked them...
    sorry if I'm offending someone:(

12. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Actually, if you want a 2nd time, you'd better keep you mouth shut.
    Especially if it was a purely sexual relationship.

13. If asked I'll answer but I'm not going to go and print it in the school paper.

14. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Like Jazz Ad, keeping my mouth shut after some of my sexual "encounters" has helped them to occur again with the same girl. I think it looks immature when people go and brag about what they do.

And even if someone asked me and I even trust them, I would still not tell them. You never know who knows who or who is a cop. The general rule of keeping your trap shut helps with alot of things, whether they be dealin with the females or other things people shouldnt know about.

15. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    OK, someone has to say it - I wish I had something to brag about! :D

But if I had ;), I never would. That would be extremely insensitive and demeaning. To see love and sex as some kind of conquest is really immature.

16. wow, i am really pleasantly surprised to see men actually talk the way you do. i think it is very disrespectful on both sides to go out and talk about your sexual conquests. its no ones business. and it destroys trust. i ran into a problem of this when in highschool. this boy went around saying he got me and such. well, he did not. so it is true when they boast like crazy it is not true. the poor boy had to admit to everyone, i mean everyone, in front of everyone, friends and all, the truth when i got wind of it. needless to say he never did it again. respect goes a long way.
    as far as "fat chicks". i was once this very tiny person, and with children and age i have gained. a lot of weight. my husband knew me thin adn loved me, knows me fat and loves me. so there. :) :D ;)
    have a good day all. smile

17. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Hey, I am a female...ok, how many times do I need to tell you all that...anywho, I talked alot about my sexual exploits...thats how my friends learned...now that I am older, I only go as far as..."he was so loving" with a huge teethy:D

18. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    as far as "fat chicks". i was once this very tiny person, and with children and age i have gained. a lot of weight. my husband knew me thin adn loved me, knows me fat and loves me. so there. :) :D ;)
    have a good day all. smile [/B][/QUOTE]

I would keep loving my girlfriend,if she'll get fat.
    But my point is that I wouldn't have begin the relationship with her,if she would have been fat the first time I met her.

19. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN

I would keep loving my girlfriend,if she'll get fat.
    But my point is that I wouldn't have begin the relationship with her,if she would have been fat the first time I met her. [/B][/QUOTE]well, at least your honest...however, why not?

20. I think what happens in the bedroom should mostly stay in the bedroom. I think it's immature if you feel it necessary to brag about something at the expense of exploiting someone else's privacy.