Does anyone else play a Kustom?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kasC06, Feb 22, 2004.

1. kasC06

Feb 9, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I play a Kustom 100w and 30w and was just wondering if anyone else does.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I used a Kustom 'Tuck-n-Roll' 4x12 loaded with EV speakers along with a Yamaha 1x18 sub in the 80's.

Never tried anything else from them.... they look Hella cool though :bassist:
  3. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I've got a KBA100x combo
  4. Man I played Kustom when it was considered boutique stuff. I had a Kustom 200 with a 2x15 cab (CTS). Black rolled and pleated. Get this, it had a "life time warranty" In its day it was the sh!t.
  5. I've still got a black "tuck and roll" K250, with the 2x15 cab. Sounded good, though a little underpowered with roughly 125 watts RMS into 4 ohms. I gigged with it regularly until a year or so ago, when the power amp section literally went up in flames in the middle of a gig. I've started trying to revive it, but I've got too many other projects in the works.
  6. Luigi

Dec 3, 2003
    I use a KBA65 for practice. Very good for the price. Had it for a year and so far so good...
  7. ... wish I still had my cabinet - loaded with D140's .... it WAS the sh!t.
  8. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
  9. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings From The North,
    Back in ancient times,when I had a paper route, my first "real" amp was a Kustom 200 with a 3X15 speaker tower! And yes folks it was an all black TucknRoll. Ya baby! For a 14 yr old I thought I was happnin....until I cracked the walls of my Mom's living room with it, playin Grand Funk Railroad tunes.
    Happy Times,