1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

does anyone have a 1:1 scale pdf of a p-bass?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by dukey donkey, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Just wondering... such a common style and I'm a cheapskate, so I'd like to see if anyone would like to share... I'm going to set up a file for the CNC I have access to and route a body. I'd like to start with p bass as a basic template, but expand on the design. Its mostly for dimensional stuff like neck pocket and pickup route...

2. Rôckhewer

Rôckhewer Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 28, 2015
    Mesa, Arizona
    Owner/Builder- RockHewer Custom Guitars LLC
    I have seen a couple available online.
    Here's one.
    (Haven't actually used it myself, so can't speak to the accuracy)
    P-Bass

3. lol there's where the cheapskate part comes in... I failed to mention that's why I'm asking for one... I don't want to buy one

4. Rôckhewer

Rôckhewer Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 28, 2015
    Mesa, Arizona
    Owner/Builder- RockHewer Custom Guitars LLC
    I kinda figured. . Sorry....
    I must confess, I did take a screen shot of one and used it for general size comparison on a build for a client who wanted something "close"...
    You could scale from a screen shot using fret spacing dimensions from an online fret calculator .
    (Assuming 34" scale)
    That would get you pretty close.
    But if you are planning on using an aftermarket neck for instance . you would want that in your hands first to double check the path dimensions for exact fit.

Or.... like you said ... someone might have the actual file to share.

dukey donkey likes this.
  5. I've got a fender pocket neck laying around...I'll measure it

6. cholyoke

cholyoke Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    I have printed the precision bass pdf on this site, but have not done a very detailed comparison. It looked OK when I put a precision body on top of the printout, though.

Fender-ish - GuitarPlansCollection

There are also dwg files available.

dukey donkey and Deep Cat like this.
  7. Scoops

Scoops Why do we use base 10 when we only have 8 fingers Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 22, 2013
    Sugar Creek, Wisc
    I am me
    Thanks for doing this. I've used drawings from your site in the past.

Very helpful in getting an NR Firebird done, and the drawing was the basis of a take off on a Thunderbird

I finally remembered to bookmark it.

8. cholyoke

cholyoke Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    That is not my site, but it is a useful collection. Sorry if my statement was not clear.

9. Just need a mm pickup route now...