Does Anyone Have a 1952-1954 (1x15) Bassman?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by amusicalperson, Nov 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. I have long lusted just to hear what one of these would sound like with a Bass (A P-Bass with flats of course ;)). Do any of you guys have one? From my understanding Fender made the "original" Bassmans from 1952-1954 before they switched to the 4x10 configuration that is most popular. On a side note, the few 1952-1954 Bassmans I have seen command quite a high price! Reverb has a few in the $2,000-$5,000 range. Phew! wawqefbphfotk8drztcj.jpg

2. Bflat

Bflat

Feb 5, 2008
    DSCN0500.JPG
    here is my 52 bassman, great amp!!

3. Is that a replacement handle?

4. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Albany NY
    Whoa, that's an old drum kit back there. Nice.

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    what, to play bass through?

why would anybody want that?

i'm sure it makes for an awesome guitar amp though ;)

6. Bflat

Bflat

Feb 5, 2008
    Moody, good eye it is a replacement handle, but everything else is original.....
    Amusicalperson, that is serial number 25 fender bassman with the very first Fender P bass to Leave the factory in September 1951. I haven't put flats on it yet but that is on the list of to do's..... The 51's left the factory with a 51 Fender pro not a 52 Bassman.....I have one of those also, I actually like the sound of the Pro better, but you cant't play it quite as loud without damaging the speaker. This bass still has the original mutes in the bridge cover so it sounds totally different than we are used to today.
    dave you like old drums????

7. I would absolutely love to build a bassman. Not sure about the combo with the open back cabinet, but it could be cool to get that vibe.

amusicalperson likes this.
  8. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Albany NY
    Yeah--- I'm not that knowledgeable about old drums, but I like old stuff (I'm old!), I like early jazz, & that's an old jazz kit with a very nice painted head (not the typical palm tree scene) and the set of temple blocks. That windmill drum head is pictured on this page: Vintage drum kits (1920s - 1930s). Might be yours. - ? -

OK. We now return to our regularly-scheduled bass program.

CatSquare likes this.
  9. Oh man, I'm drooling right now! drool

10. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    amusicalperson likes this.
  11. I once had a similar idea. Building the cab and sliding in a small head. Glad to know other people have done it with success!

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021