1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does anyone have a Yamaha BBNE2 or BB2005?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikefish07, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    Does anyone have one of these? I can't get the local dealers to bring one in, so I'll have to buy it blind. I currently have the older model which I like but I want to upgrade to either the new East or a Fender V QMT. Thanks.

2. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    bump

3. Mikefish, I was looking for a BB2005 to check out, but like you I haven't been able to find one in a store. I also wanted to check out a TRB5, but the only one I could find in person was all beat up, and it was a new bass! :eek: I left it there.

I have a $400 Yamaha BBN5 II, and this bass is very nice for an entry level instrument. This is why I'm thinking of a BB2005. It looks like a really nice Yammie jazz bass, but I like the Ibanez-like monorail bridge.
    I'd rather not buy without trying, but I just hope I can wait a little longer. If I'm not mistaken, I think now, the month of March is the time of the year when most stores and online retailers get in a lot of their new stock.

I'll let you know if I run across one.

Good luck.

Mike ;)

4. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    I really had hoped that somebody had one of these basses, I don't want to buy without trying it out too. Looks like I may have to fall back to my second choice a Fender V AmDlx.