Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone have a Yamaha BBNE2 or BB2005?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikefish07, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    Does anyone have one of these? I can't get the local dealers to bring one in, so I'll have to buy it blind. I currently have the older model which I like but I want to upgrade to either the new East or a Fender V QMT. Thanks.

2. Mikefish, I was looking for a BB2005 to check out, but like you I haven't been able to find one in a store. I also wanted to check out a TRB5, but the only one I could find in person was all beat up, and it was a new bass! :eek: I left it there.

I have a $400 Yamaha BBN5 II, and this bass is very nice for an entry level instrument. This is why I'm thinking of a BB2005. It looks like a really nice Yammie jazz bass, but I like the Ibanez-like monorail bridge.
    I'd rather not buy without trying, but I just hope I can wait a little longer. If I'm not mistaken, I think now, the month of March is the time of the year when most stores and online retailers get in a lot of their new stock.

I'll let you know if I run across one.

Good luck.

Mike ;)

3. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    I really had hoped that somebody had one of these basses, I don't want to buy without trying it out too. Looks like I may have to fall back to my second choice a Fender V AmDlx.