1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone have an active Peavey Millenium...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Devils138, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Devils138

Devils138

May 6, 2010
    ..and if you do, have you ever had any problems with the neck on it? i just put new strings on it, and the action is so high is damn near un-playable. i've have problems like this in the past with this specific bass. i got it like 5 (maybe more) years ago, and when i first got it i'd be taking it to the repair shop to have the action lowered several times a month. this is not my only bass, and i hardly ever play it, so its not THAT big of a deal, but i would like to jam on it but with the action this high, i dont even want to look at it. i've used 45-105 gauge strings on all my basses for as long as ive been playing, and none of the other ones have this problem. anyone got any recommendations for me? i'd really like to avoid paying the 35 bucks to have a repair guy fix this again. thanks in advance.

p.s. sorry if this is the wrong place post this

2. The necks normally need shimming..

You start with an arrow straight neck (no need for relief)

Or send it here and I'll set it up.

3. PM me if I can help.. I cant post more without better info.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021