Does anyone have an Ibanez SR???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Cuban, Oct 6, 2002.

1. The Cuban

The Cuban

Aug 27, 2002
    I have just seen the Ibanez SR range but havent played them. Does anyone have one and what is it like.
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Yes, people have them. They're very much like basses.
  3. Weird that you hadn't seen them before, cause they are some of the best selling basses in my many countries. I own one. So what's your question on them?
  4. SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    great bass. nuf said
  5. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I own a SR305DX.Great bass for the price.
  6. I have an SR800 I got pretty cheap used. Decent enough bass, but doesn't get as much play since I fell back in love with my Fender P.
  7. had a ibanez sr400 good bass. know i have a ibanez ergodyne 5 string that blows it out of the water :D
  8. vagenis

vagenis Member

Oct 6, 2002
    i have an ibanez sr405, pretty good for the price about 500$. good for heavier stuff i recomend
  9. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    I've used or owned the 400, 800 and 645. All good basses, great basses for the price...
  10. beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    My first bass was an SR500. Great instrument to start out on. It later became my first fretless. I wish I had never sold that thing... after all, it was my first bass.
  11. Yeah, I own an SR100, not much I know, but a good cheap beginner bass. It plays nicely, although there is not much tone colour. I like the low action, though.
  12. I own a SR1000 right now and I really like it when I play heavier music... but I usually don't so Im selling it. I really don't like most SR's maybe I'm bias to mine
  13. b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    I have an SR800...doesnt get much use from me but im lending it to one of my students...he is inlove with the bass and im going to sell it to him for $300...hopefully if he gets his parents permission. peace
  14. zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    i love the soundgears i own a 1305 and a 885 and they are both two totally diffrent basses. that's why i like them they have veriety
  15. tracebass

Feb 14, 2003
    OR, Eugene
    Ya i have a Sr500 (although it's a four string?) it has some of the best slap sound for the price. also they have some of the skinneyest necks so if you want speed they are the ones to go with.

Also i am thinking about selling it so if anyone is interested give me a call.
  16. Nancy-Boy

Sep 16, 2001
    My first bass was a SR300DX in standard Jewel Blue, i still have it,, its a good bass for the pirce but the electronics forme let the side down,but put some 40's on and lower that action and u can get some great harmonic and slapping action out of it, i found that the standard 45's didn't do it enough justice..

my advice spend a bit more and go for a Rockbass.. they aren't WOW but they do offer a lot more for ur money interms of useability..
  17. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    I own an SR400 right now. I love it, it's done me no wrong. A lot of people are prejudice against Ibanez and might tell you different. For the price I think SR's are great.
  18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have an SR506. Plays great, although the string spacing is a little tight for slap.

It doesn't sound that good through most amps, but through my new Peavey BAM210, it sounds awesome. Almost as good as my Cirrus. So it will start getting a little more playing time.
  19. Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    I own the SR800 and its a great bass. I love the thing. Has a really thin neck that makes it easy to get to every note on the neck. It's fairly light in weight, and cool looking. It will do for every type of music that you play, go for it.
  20. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I have an early 90s 1000E with the semi-parametric EQ and the old Gotoh bridge.

Nice bass, light and good-sounding, the semi-para will probably make it a good fretless, I'll defret it some time.

Oh, I replaced the pups with Basstecs.