Does anyone have an Ibanez SR1000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Antipop, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Does anyone else have the older Ibanez SR1000?
    If so, what is the benefits with that bridge? (If you don't own one...they are quite odd looking). I'v had it only a month and I can't seem to figure it do you mess around with the action on it?

Thanks in advance
  2. Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    I own a SR1100E , oiled ash body , usa pickups gold hardware etc , the bridge has a locknut on the saddles , undo the locknut a few turns , adjust the action / harmonics then tighten the locknut , ... same as yours ?
  3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I believe that I have the same bridge (Accu-Cast IV) on my old SR-800, and the main benefit is that instead of having individual saddles that can be adjusted, the height is fixed to the main plate on the bottom which can be raised/lowered, thus matching the curvature of the fretboard. Some might not like this feature as it takes away some customability, but I love the ease of use and quick adjustments it lends itself to.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I have an old Ibanez Soundgear 1000E with the old Gotoh 3D bridge. I like that bass very much and I still think Ibanez should've kept using them, I didn't like any of the bridges they used later, except maybe for the monorails.
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  6. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I can, it'sa little different than the ones mentioned above